Do You Practice Meditation?

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by Koala, Jun 4, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    We all know that mental preparedness can make or break us in a critical survival situation. The ability to calm yourself down, think straight and not panic can literally save your life.

I've begun practicing meditation when I was going through a rough period of my life and I started having anxiety issues. My mom soon noticed it and started encouraging me to try reading the basic meditation books or the sort of ''guides-to'' meditating. I am ever so grateful for that. Ever since then I have been able to apply this beautiful ''art'' to every single aspect of my life. I practice it every day, two to three times. It's the most amazing thing in the world being able to control your mind and body.

Do you personally practice meditation? If yes, how many times per day? If no, why not?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I play a lot of ball and keeping yourself calm is key to winning games even when the deck is stacked against you we play a team tomorrow that the umpire son and his friend play on it will not be called fair and we know it so stay in calm and play the pest we can we will come out on top

3. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Not really, but I try. I do try to relax myself with breathing, but traditional meditation practices tend to make me uptight, when really they should be doing just the opposite. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but obviously something!

4. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I've read a lot of articles about meditation and many of my friends have told me that it's a great exercise to reconnect with ourselves and "forget" the world, but to this day I've never felt like trying (I don't know exactly why :rolleyes:).

Meditation is on my list of "activities to be done" and I know that day, sooner or later, it will come. :D

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Occasionally, when I need to.
    Keith.

6. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I practice medication often.
    er, ahhhh,............................................

Matter of fact I do meditate and pray daily.

7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I tried t but it's hard for me to clear my mind and not to think about something. I always failed, even if I tried different techniques. I can relax, so I say it's close enough. I just don't bother with trying meditation anymore, my mind can't handle it.

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I meditate when I have quiet time. It's usually happens early in the morning when it is peaceful and quiet. It's relaxing to my soul and spirit.

9. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I am in the process of it. The reason being I have to keep up to get over my loneliness and depression. As you can see that needs to be fixed as early as possible. As it is blocking my life in many ways. And I have found that meditation and breathing exercise helps a lot. So that's in mind process and working on fixing things so far.