Gardening tools

Discussion in 'Farming and Gardening' started by jonthai, Jun 13, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    In case a disaster strikes in, which tools do you use to grow your plants? Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm sure there wouldn't be that many available, and it would probably be hard to get any new ones.Do you know any home-made versions of tools for farming?

2. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    It probably be a multi usage shovel. Now a days they have multiple functions. The only problem with them is the fact that there are so many on the market that deciding on one is almost impossible. I think if we search harder we can find one with a juicer attachment or one that can walk the dog for you and send emails.

P6S7uaBtocJmpbjuYsePrs2munAP9QMX.jpeg P6S7uaBtocJmpbjuYsePrs2munAP9QMX.jpeg [​IMG]

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    It would be good to have a walk-behind plow. A shovel. A pitchfork might be good for aeration. A wheel barrow. We would be well served to own a rock shovel, I want one now. A hoe.

4. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    It wouldn't be that hard to make some garden tools yourself. All you'll need are tools for digging, clearing land and and maybe weeding. These can be easy to make either from metal or wood but as there'll be a lot of scrap metal post-event even if you can't buy tools you can use the available metal to make your own.

5. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    For me a sickle could be useful. As well as a broad machete and of course a shovel. Also a bucket to collect compost and pour it across the crop. Don't forget to have with you a pair of gardening gloves because handling these tools and exerting strength with bare hands will leave you painful ampoules and cuts.

6. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    As long as you get a piece of metal sheet around, then you can make any kind of useful tool. You will need to first sharpen it at the edge so that you can use it for cutting. If the metal piece is heavy then you can make another tool for digging. You can use a rock to sharpen your tools.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    For after shtf to make a garden i have a new walk behind tool it comes with two types of plows and a harrow cost is under 100 but shipping to you would be?? Sold online by rural king.com

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    here we go again, "what tools do we get post SHTF to garden with?" NONE, you get them before anything happens, its called PREPPING!! ffs.
    i suppose the next question will be where do we get heritage seeds post SHTF??? same answer.

9. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have it. But really 3gals of shine and the tractor with rototiller 3acres takes 2hrs and its ready to plant the donkeys have takein to harness well and have been logging well plowing with a single plow after shtf so quiet but tractors will still run and work allso

10. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Amazon seems to have a lot of variety. And if you are Prime user then you can get a lot of discount on garden tools. Before fall, there seems to be going to have a discounted. For container gardening you may not need anything additional. Anything within household is more than enough for that. Don't spend more than 100$ for this. There are plenty of online shops that can give you tools on cheaper cost.