Hatching chicks

Discussion in 'Animal Husbandry' started by cluckeyo, Jun 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    When hatching a bunch of eggs, I use an incubator. The humidity and temperature must be kept just right and in 17 days, I will have a bunch of baby quail. Baby chickens take 21 days. Your numbers will vary but you will get close to half and half male and female. Of course the females are valuable for laying eggs. While you will need a rooster, most males provide the meat. Fattening them up before butchering makes them nice and plump. For quail, butchering from 6 to 12 weeks produces a broiler. Over 12 weeks produces a stewer. Both are delicious, just cooked differently.

John Snort likes this.
  2. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking into this for awhile now, just to get the hens producing more eggs. I remember my friends hens constantly producing eggs. I just need a way to produce them quickly in a incubator and have the hens constantly popping out eggs.

3. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    I have been watching alot of YouTube videos about raising quails. It has alot of advantages when compared to other chicken breeds. Quails are one of the sources of lean meat and this accounts for why its recommended for diabetic, HBP patients. the eggs i learnt are also medicinal.

So hatching them to have a good number is a good idea.