Plants in shampoo/conditioner?

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by OfTheEarth, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have a lot of experience with lemon + cucumber, but it got me thinking, are there any other quickly grown plants that are good on the scalp/hair? I am not cutting my hair for the apocalypse, long hair don't care, but that also means I gotta sort this out lol :D

2. GrecianShamrock

GrecianShamrock New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I know that cucumber and lemon water can help flush out bad toxins within your body (I have used it before starting a diet in the past) but good to know that it can also be used as shampoo/conditioner too

3. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, better to just isolate the two and use the lemon on your roots, wash it, mix a bit with water and use that on your actual hair, wash that and then just go with cucumber afterwards, in my experience

4. barbecueIt

barbecueIt New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I've seen people use aloe vera the gel part as conditioner. They say it makes your hair shiny and manageable. I haven't tried it though.

5. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Aloe vera basically works on everything, you can mix it with water and produce aloe water which is generally alright for hair but it's not really preferable considering how much of a medicinal plant you have to kill off for your hair. Survival > Style, it's not important enough of a cleaning tool to use like that imo.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Plants such tuna, castor, and aloe vera have been proven to be excellent hair conditioners. I have personally seen where oil extracted from castor beans were used to condition hair and the effects from the oil gave the hair wonderful sheen and luster. The hair really looked magnificent after the process.

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I've read a few articles on this (by the way, some of them were pretty interesting) but I've never particularly tried - related to shampoo / conditioner - use no plant. I've seen some friends use it, but I've never had the curiosity to ask if it really works... But as I'm curious now, I'll ask the next time I meet them. :D

8. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    You can try henna, henna is a plant based natural hair color and conditioner. Henna is easily available onlioe. If you want to grow a plant that is good for your hair, you can grwo aloe vera, which is a natural hair conditioner. Aloe vera makes your hair smooth and shiny.