Tart Cherry Juice

Discussion in 'Other Homesteading' started by iamawriter, May 24, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    There is always a bumper when it comes to tart cherries. Atleast that is what I experience in my garden. Tart cherries as you know are sour and so they cannot be eaten the way other cherries are eaten. I make juice that can be preserved.

Cherries are wiped (not washed) with their stems removed. Sugar is added in the ratio of 1:4 where one is sugar and 4 are cherries. They are placed in a plastic or glass container and kept in the fridge. Every day they are mixed thoroughly It will take about 7 days for the sugar to absorb all the juice from the cherries. The cherries are then discarded and the juice is separated. A liquid preservative is added - one teaspoon for every litre of the juice. It is better if the juice is kept in the fridge for it to remain fresh for a long period of time.

Attached Files: