Tools

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-21_22-24-15.png
    When a dangerous or catastrophic situation occurs and calls for survival skills part of the survival skills will be determined on the tools that you choose to utilize. Everything that you do will be made easier if you have knowledge on how to make the tools needed. From rock hammers and chisels to fireplaces knowing how to construct the items you need out of what you find can help you to make food, warmth, and building materials such as shingles. Spears, bow and arrows, clubs, and other weapons not only will help provide you with security and a piece of mind but they will also provide you with valuable tools needed in order to find food. When it comes to tools in the wild, most of them are made utilizing rocks, sticks, and other natural items. Looking for tools that are already manufactured may prove to no prevail as they will most likely be broken or already claimed by other people who are in a survival situation. Familiarizing yourself with how to make tools in the wild and what tools are efficient can help you to be prepared for the future in case of a natural catastrophe or disaster. Just like with so many other areas of survival one of the most important skills is being prepared and ready. No one can ever truly be ready for a natural disaster or catastrophe but by planning ahead practicing scenarios and reading knowledge about these events one can better prepare themselves for the day the unfortunate situation might occur.

MKprepper, Ricky Jeringan and LHCB like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    with tools the best thing to do is to obtain/buy them now before any event occurs.
    these are available at car boot sales, sunday and weekly markets, adverts in local papers and Ebay, to name but a few.
    like everything else, its no good expecting them to be available after any event occurs, get them now whilst they are still available.

MKprepper and Ricky Jeringan like this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    After a GREAT DIE-OFF there will be tools of all sorts everywhere free for the taking!

I plan on having lots a food, the means to keep it, transportation and endless though limited power!
    Most everything else will be just lying around!

Power everything is useless to those with no power!
    Those with power can have everything!

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    but unless one is thinking of going into a big city after the die off(bad move), finding such tools lying about will be the problem, better to have a supply of ones own tools beforehand, I mean we are preppers aren't we? as in "be prepared".

5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    So only city people have power tools?
    The die-off will include most people over 50! as most are on some sort of lifesaving medication!
    Not all mind you but blood pressure/ thinner pills are not things the body likes to suddenly stop!
    Then you have insulin dependants!
    And not to mention anti-depressants!

Just about everyone knows at least one really old guy with a workshop full of tools, when he pops his clogs his workshop won't just vanish!
    It will just sit there most times waiting for there new owners!

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's ONE workshop out of many houses, not all people these days have tools, many have none.
    I don't know about anyone but i'll be too busy putting food on the table to go wandering around the countryside just HOPING to find stuff I might need, much better to get those tools now that to rely on finding them after.
    I repeat, "be prepared" don't be a sheeple.

MKprepper likes this.
  7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I am prepared!:)

lonewolf likes this.
  8. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Having a tool can actually give you a massive improvement and advantage over other survivors. It can determine where you kill or get killed, and if you can't get food or not. It's useful for many situations, including building a shelter. Nowadays, there are shelters that can be built with a simply tool, and less effort, making having a tool a great advantage for ourselfs.