A Couple Of Things I Hadn't Considered

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Blitz, Dec 14, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm hoping this is the right place. I reckon the closest meaning of "bush" we have in Aus, is somewhat equivalent to "wilderness".

A quite interesting article:

https://www.australiangeographic.co...ss-survival-skills-how-to-thrive-in-the-bush/

"Being a well-prepared bushwalker you are already wearing lightweight, long-sleeved, sun-protective clothing. You have a fleece packed, and a raincoat, but could also easily improvise these items from plastic bags, and layers of clothing stuffed with grasses or leaves. Evening will soon approach, and while you have your signal tools hanging from tree branches, an SOS signal set-up, three small triangular fires burning, water transpiration bags on trees, and all the water you could gather from the car, including the windscreen wiping water, you will soon want a shelter."

"As you eat the last of your Vegemite sandwiches thinking of the burger roadhouse you passed 250 km ago, you can be comforted by the fact that according to Bob Cooper’s studies, nobody in Australia has ever died from hunger in a survival situation"

"Contrary to popular belief, the body can withstand many weeks without food, as opposed to the days that it may not survive without water. In warmer environments, food should be the last priority on your list of survival concerns.
    In colder situations however, where the body requires calories to burn for warmth, some food is required to keep the home fires burning."