A Random Question About A Random Situation

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by blade_foxhollow, Jan 14, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    Ok now I'm really wondering if our house is haunted. Last night I woke up to go to the bathroom. As I was getting up I saw what I thought was Grayson wiping his hands on a towel on top of the hamper that's right outside our bedroom door. Blade woke up and saw it too. I then called out to Grayson and told him to come here and he ran. So I got up and went into his room to check on him thinking he had a nightmare. His door was all the way open when I cracked it so I was sure he had gotten up. Nolan's door was also all the way open when I forgot to crack it last night so when I went to bed, it was fully closed. It's not like Grayson to get up and go in Nolan's room but lately he has been with those teddy bear nightmares. Well I went and checked on Grayson and y'all! Grayson was passed out, not faking. His mouth was open and he was drooling and everything. He didn't get out of bed! And Nolan was passed out but he can't even get out of his crib. So what the heck was at our bedroom door?!?! Right before this happened, Belle and Beauty (the dogs) were whining and I woke up and told them to lay down. I was fully awake and everything y'all! Now that Blade just told me he saw something too, I know I wasn't just dreaming or half asleep. What's even stranger is the towel this thing was wiping it's hands on, I had put that towel on TOP of the towels that were on top of the hamper. Last night and even this morning when I woke up that towel was underneath those other towels when I know I put it on top because that was the towel Adam used to take a shower last night when he came over and no other towel got put on top. That and it was the only white towel there. So what in the world?!?! I guess this "little boy" that Grayson has been talking about since we moved here has finally surfaced. The past week I've been constantly cold and it feels like a cold cloud is following me. I can't stay warm and that's not like me. Really really freaked out now!

In the interest of saving my identity I edited my name. This happened two nights ago. Anyone have thoughts? As far as I can tell it is not malicious.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Grayson could have been sleep walking, I had one of my sons do that at a Rendezvous camp one time. He dissapeared from my side so quickly, & he was found asleep in someone elses camp!
    Keith.

3. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    Grayson was in his bed drooling so he had no moved at all. I think nothing of it but the wife is freaking out. We thought about sleepwalking but he hadn't moved in at least 10 minutes.

4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Passed out"? Or, do you mean, "deeply asleep"?

Diabetic kids pass out. I hope that's not what you meant to say.

My dad's parents once lived in a house that was "haunted". In the latter 1980's my wife and I house-hunted for well over a year before buying a place. During that year we must have visited over 40 houses for sale. One of them was "haunted". Our youngest was only 5 yr.old at the time, but he picked up on the "bad vibe" that gave me the creeps and he asked that we leave the place. One house out of 40, not bad.

5. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes she means deeply sleeping we end up using a bit too much slang when posting on fb. Grayson does have seizures though and passes out after some of them. He will lay down and sleep for hours.

6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Get a priest to bless your house. I'm no big religionist, my wife is Catholic. Whatever religion / sect, get some folk into your house and say prayers in all of its rooms. Say prayers for the dead. Maybe you can find some prayers on the web.

I've said prayers for the original owner of my current house. Found his plot and visited his grave. Said prayers there also. Kept a great little workshop out back and he was a Marine, Korean War. My house isn't even haunted and I pray for the departed who've lived here. He was an honorable man and I want to do right by the house in which he lived for decades and decades -- he lived to be eighty.

7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'll say prayers for your kid, Grayson. Our kids, all three, have had major health issues and we lost our daughter.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Get a practitioner to to a cleansing for you. There are several thing that can cause this and only a couple are paranormal. Nonetheless I have seen cleansings work even for people that didn't really believe in that sort of thing. You might even get you a sage bundle and try doing it for yourself.

On the other side of this sort of thing is the odd way that the human brain works. The things that you see and hear are no always reality. You brain takes in information and then "interprets" it and sometimes the interpretation isn't exactly right. You saw "something" and your brain gave it the most logical identification. When "he" ran away did you hear him or just sort of see him vanish away?

When we first wake our minds are more susceptible to misinterpreting things. You know how people can look at the clouds and see all manner of things. People also hear things in random noise and any random thing that they see unclearly. There is a reason people see more ghosts at night than in the daylight.

All this stuff is disturbing as hell when it happens to you and you don't understand it. I have counsels people on this sort of thing in the past. People hear voices at night or in places where there is no possibility that there was anything there. This is normal and what people do with white noise if they have nothing else going on in their minds. The human brain constantly is making order out of chaos...even when there actually is no order there.

One of the most common audible hallucinations happens in a dark room with a fan running. People will hear people talking or music that seems to sort of disappear the second you try to hear it clearly and understand what they are saying. In the dark you will see "shadows " that move and often will see things in the water that aren't what they seem.

The alien abductions are most often people having an episode of sleep paralysis. You wake up and can't move anything except your eyes! You can't make a sound not even a scream and there is SOMETHING with big eyes right on the edge of your peripheral vision that is there to harm you. You can almost see it but because your head is paralyzed all you get is that peripheral view. It is TERRIFYING!! And it is the same experience for everyone that has it.

When you sleep your brain disconnects from your body to a more or less extent so you don't make every move that you are making in your dream. If you suddenly drift into a sort of conscious state this is what you will experience until you fully wake or go back to sleep. The big eyes and the terror are there for everyone. This is a left over from our primitive instincts. I have walked up and touched a baby deer several times now. As long as you obviously don't look at them they will stay still thinking that you don't see them. Their entire focus is on your eyes. The split second you lower your eyes and look at them they are up and running. You have that same instinct buried in your subconscious and the sleep paralysis will trigger this ancestral memory every time.

SO, you might have a visitor or you may have misinterpreted something else that you saw. Irregardless a cleansing ritual can't hurt and may help set your mind at ease.

9. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    Both my wife and I heard running down the hallway. That is what woke us up. I sleep very heavy and something woke me. Also thank you Master Geezer. That is gracefully welcomed.

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Memory of things when you first wake are hard to sort out. This is often the source of a lot of confusion. In dreams time is often transposed and when you suddenly awake things easily get placed out of order.

11. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    I woke up due to sound and a strange feeling. The wife musta needed to go potty. I don't tend to wake up at night

12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I used to go to a old theater turned into a movie theater. Watched the movies from the balcony. My uncle worked there. I'd do work for them in exchange for them letting me watch the movies.

One night I heard my uncle walking up the steps as he often did. I turned to say, howdy, but no one was there. I got up walked like 8 or 10 ft over to the steps, nobody there.

Later, I learned that their old janitor had died on the landing of those steps and that people often heard him walking all over the place in that theater he'd perpetually kept clean during his life on Earth.