About Climate Change.....

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Jun 4, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I get the impression that "Climate Change" has morphed into a devout and zealous religion to the point where someone is willing to put people hostage and in bondage to it's ever changing requirements...such that they take a dip in their standard of living..

That these religious zealots...would rather people perish than live above the basic subsistence level..

These people are so nutty that they would have men subject to nature rather than have men use their ingenuity to make nature work for them and make their lives something above subsistence level.

They want men to be subject to natures forces....not have natures forces work for them.

Subject......is the key word here..

Let us see how happy the Climate Change priests/religion are as Europe freezes to death this winter...
    But the Climate will be preserved...
    How much of a difference it is going to make in Climate Change..

In like manner that someone wants people subject to race ...in order to herd/control them against their will and over their objections.
    Good Cop/Bad Cop.

In like manner that they would have people subject to someone else's sexuality against their will and over their objections...even their children and grandchildren......in order to Herd/control them.....

All of these are becoming a part of a zealous and devout religion of herd management.....

And so too it is with Climate change....more shaming and more guilt manipulatpoins....on a world wide scale.

Climate change like these other programs I am describing is Ishmael....for power and control...over the herd....and eventually loss of liberties and freedoms.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Be Warned these Ishmaelites.....run amok with their devout and zealous religion of Confusion!!! Climate Change Confusion

Who is the author of Confusion???? Who is the author of this devout and zealous religion of herd control ???

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I still think the Industrial Revolution that started here in Britain has a lot to answer for in the case of global emissions, but Britain's current carbon emissions only contribute 1% of the total, unless places like China and India are brought on board our tiny contribution wont amount to any kind of climate change, in the meantime the govt keeps pushing for "net zero" with all their electric vehicles and 15 minute cities and all the rest of the similar crap.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think nations need to pass guilt and shame laws against active volcanos.....to herd active volcanos into climate change compliance..

Active volcanos spew out more pollution in an eruption than all the vehicles on the planet combined.....

Get four or more volcanos going off at one time...,.what does that do to the Climate Change????

Am I ever supposed to be able to think that far without permission????? Without authorization from on up high????

We need to pass laws against disobedient volcanos....yup.....new and more significant laws against active volcanos.

The solution to climate change....is human extinction.....common sense!!!

Not just Genocide...but Democide as well......

Be Warned of these Climate Change Ishmaelites....

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This post concerns the Maui, Hawaii fire. Currently, 1,300 people cannot be accounted for. The stupid media keeps throwing-up the latest body count. The fire was over 1,000 deg Fahrenheit / 538 deg C. Some bodies are now only ash and will never be counted.

Of course, the media is ecstatic because this fire is "proof" of global warming. That several hundred, maybe over a thousand, people have been killed is of secondary concern ("sacrifices must be made"). The media actually is condemning the incompetent government in Hawaii, but not to the degree it could.

For preppers, there are numerous lessons to be learned from the Maui tragedy. My first and foremost takeaway is that if an area is unsafe, then don't live there. "Moving is a tremendous bother." OK, stay and die with the rest. In my "neck of the woods", the woods are the issue. The forests here are not tertiary forests, thus there are forest fires during droughts. Due to bad winters lately, the forests around where I live have unimaginable tons of dead limbs per square mile (snow and ice broke-off big tree limbs as if they were twigs). Thus, dry weather = tinderbox conditions.

Living in deeply forested areas means you gotta have escape plans or be willing to head for the creeks and rivers.

For at least the past three decades, rich folk have begun building their mansions up in the mountains of Southern Appalachia. Huge error in judgement, yet I'm not shedding any tears for them. Often, these folk only have one road in. Another thing, they are not skilled in hiking through forests, nor in blazing walking trails. Many of these folk have never hunted in their lives, thus have no knowledge of how to cut / plow themselves through thick forest and underbrush. My mom's dad was part bear, but he made zero noise when hunting. Many of the places the rich have chosen as building sites are way too steep.

In sum, to us hill folk, these outsiders appear overtly brain damaged. Again, I'm shedding no tears.

Know the land and the culture, or you are in some seriously bad trouble.

As to the Hawaiian island of Maui, agriculture ripped-up way too much (almost all) of the natural environment for agriculture. Then when tourism became the primary economy, most all of that land went to grasses. These grasses were not native grasses and were/are not appropriate to this climate; thus, a dry spell turns them yellow or grey and they become unimaginably flammable. In the center of America's mainland, you don't want to be anywhere near a prairie fire. These are non-survivable. The latter is what happened on Maui. Winds off of a tropical storm due south of Hawaii hit the islands. Power lines were above ground. Fire prevention efforts were a bad joke and in some areas, there was zero fire prevention.

Preppers MUST perpetually analyze their environs. If unsafe conditions are not being addressed and it is impossible for you to have any positive effect, then get the hell out of there. Never attempt to pretend-away dangerous conditions.

As a prepper, I'm not living in fire zones, nor flood zones, nor areas of collapsing civilization, nor on any beach, nor near any major earthquake faults. Before I moved to where we are living now, I did a ton of research. Big positives for this area were the people living here are of my culture (maybe not quite so hard as where I'm from, but very familiar), they are workers, they default to friendly, there is agriculture all around and my property had plenty of garden space and trees.

Planning is essential to prepping.

I've found info on the true factors that lead to the apocalyptic fire on the island of Maui. Here we go:

"Renewables Mania And Woke Dogma Behind Hawaii Fire, Not Climate Change"

"New York Times spreads disinformation about climate change and fires"

https://attackthesystem.com/2023/08...-dogma-behind-hawaii-fire-not-climate-change/

Begin quote

Climate change caused the fire that ravaged Hawaii, according to the New York Times. “Climate Change Turned Lush Hawaii Into A Tinderbox,” it reported. “The explanation is as straightforward as it is sobering: As the planet heats up, no place is protected from disasters.”

But the cause of the strong winds, which pushed the wildfires into the city of Lahaina, was Hurricane Dora, and the best available science shows no increase in hurricanes at global or national levels.

It’s true that there’s been a 31% decline in average yearly rainfall in Hawaii since 1990, according to researchers. The La Niña weather pattern, which usually leads to significant rainfall, has brought less precipitation over the last 40 years.

What’s more, it’s been human-made changes to the landscape, including the reversion of former sugar cane farms, which had been irrigated, to invasive grasses, which are quick to ignite. “The landscape is just covered with flammable stuff,” one expert told the Times. “All of the conditions just came together.”

Analysts found that drops to power line voltage, which means that the lines were likely spraying sparks onto dry grasses. “It is unambiguous that Hawaiian Electric’s grid experienced immense stress for a prolonged time,” said one analyst. “There were dozens and dozens of major faults on the grid and any one of those could have been the ignition source for a fire.”

Hawaiian Electric failed to clear flammable grasses from around electric wires. Over the last three years, the electric utility spent less than $250,000 into wildfire prevention. It had a plan, but failed to implement it, noted Lee Fang. The state utility commission dragged its feet on upgrades to Lahaina’s fire protection, “with a time estimate for wildfire protection upgrades starting this year and completed in 2027.”

And it’s now clear that a Hawaii state water official, named M. Kaleo Manuel, delayed the release of water to landowners, who wanted it to prevent fires. “The water standoff played out over much of the day,” reported Stewart Yerton of Honolulu City Beat, “and the water didn’t come until too late.”

Why is that? Why did Hawaiian Electric fail to implement its wildfire mitigation plan? And why did Manuel refuse to release the water?

End quote

=====================================

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    you know climate change is real. it is not just Maui , the whole planet is on fire , Canada is on fire , Greece was on fire , even Switzerland was on fire ,
    All the predictions about climate change are now showing themselves to be real , just look around .
    I have included a world map of all the forest fire
    https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/map/#d:today;@22.0,15.2,2.1z
    upload_2023-8-25_15-46-0.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.history.com/news/deadliest-wildfires-north-america

Begin quote

... The Peshtigo Fire and the Great Fires of 1871

For three days in October of 1871, the entire Upper Midwest of the United States was a raging inferno. Four of the worst fires in American history, known collectively as the Great Fires of 1871, burned simultaneously in Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois.

... The Cloquet Fire, 1918

The second-deadliest fire in North America also struck the Upper Midwest nearly 50 years after the Great Fires of 1871. The conditions in 1918 were nearly the same—in fact, it was the driest October in 48 years—when sparks from a passing train ignited a wildfire outside of the small town of Cloquet, Minnesota.

The fire smoldered for several days until October 12, when winds measuring as high as 76 mph fanned the previously tame wildfire into a raging killer. The Cloquet Fire fully consumed the towns of Cloquet, Moose Lake and Kettle River before bearing down on the larger city of Duluth.

More than 1,000 people lost their lives in the wildfire, 38 communities were destroyed and 25
    0,000 acres burned.

End quote
    ====================

Catastrophic droughts have plagued the human species, killed untold millions, for thousands of millennia.

https://www.history.com/news/7-withering-droughts

"Tropical Africa (133,000 B.C. to 88,000 B.C.)

By extracting sediment cores from Lake Malawi, one of the largest and deepest lakes on Earth, scientists determined in 2007 that sub-Saharan Africa experienced a series of mega-droughts from 135,000 to 90,000 years ago. Rainfall was so scarce, in fact, that the lake’s water level dropped some 2,000 feet, and lush forests turned into arid scrub-land. The return of wetter conditions, coinciding as they did with an expanded Nile corridor, may have then provided humans with an ideal window for leaving Africa and colonizing the world, scientists say.

"Ancient Egypt (around 2200 B.C.)

"Nile Delta sediments show that the amount of wetland pollen decreased about 4,200 years ago and that the amount of charcoal (a sign of fire) increased, leading scientists to believe that a drought must have occurred. They furthermore speculate that this lack of rain contributed to the demise of Egypt’s Old Kingdom, best known for constructing the massive pyramids of Giza. Other civilizations to decline around that time, possibly as a result of the same drought, include the Harappa of present-day northwest India and Pakistan, the Subir of present-day Syria and the Minoan of Crete.

"Mesoamerica (around A.D. 760 to 910)

"During their so-called Classic Period from approximately A.D. 250 to the 9th century, the Maya built dozens of monumental stone cities while at the same time making impressive strides in mathematics, agriculture, astronomy, writing and art. Then it all fell apart, a collapse in which drought almost certainly played a role. Numerous recent studies illustrate that the Maya endured centuries of low rainfall from roughly the 600s to the 1100s and that the main episodes of city abandonment from 760 to 910 appear to coincide with particularly dry years. Scientists contend that the drought’s effects were then exacerbated by warfare, political instability and land degradation."
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"Study shows the Sahara swung between lush and desert conditions every 20,000 years, in sync with monsoon activity"

https://phys.org/news/2019-01-sahara-swung-lush-conditions-years.html

"The Sahara desert is one of the harshest, most inhospitable places on the planet, covering much of North Africa in some 3.6 million square miles of rock and windswept dunes. But it wasn't always so desolate and parched. Primitive rock paintings and fossils excavated from the region suggest that the Sahara was once a relatively verdant oasis, where human settlements and a diversity of plants and animals thrived."

----------

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Fire is only indirectly linked to climate change. The obvious connection being that in a hotter drier climate plant matter becomes more flammable. There are, in reality, only very few more wildfires than in the past. The key difference is that humans have encroached into areas that are unsuitable and now exists within fire risk zones.

Sadly it is often humans that start wild fires. We get many "gorse" fires where I live. The gorse bushes dry out towards the end of summer. Most fires start adjacent to the busier roads and local firefighters (reservists from our community) mostly believe it is discarded cigarette but that are one of the main causes (and also, rather sadly, we went through a phase of fires caused by arson a few years back). This is humankind encroaching on the environment rather than heat generated fires.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Disposable BBQ's" have a lot to answer for in the case of fires.
    a lot of the litter you see around helps fires spread.
    there will be more Gorse fires as "swailing"-controlled burns- have now been banned, on places like Dartmoor.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yes they do. Discarded cigarette butts (chucked out of car windows are often the cause round here).

Some farmers still burn here and, those that do, regularly get fires that are out of control.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Swailing/burning is an old agricultural method of control, it was done on Dartmoor for centuries to control the spread of Gorse and bracken and promote new growth, but we have people now on the Dartmoor National Park committee who think they know better, townies mostly, and they have banned the burning of Gorse so now instead of Gorse Bushes we have Gorse TREES and they are all over the moors and spreading. its a sorry sight.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Land is a premium commodity in Hawaii....always has been...and as a result very expensive...

Also in many towns people tend to build close together because of the prices and non availability of land.....

Lots of mountainous land ..but not much flat land....and hence tend to build close together in overpriced homes.....

Been that way for year now....

Thus when the fire got windswept.......it was very quick.

My Dad Is Hawaiian......from the Kona Area of the Big Island....

In the Big Island it is the same in the older parts of the towns.....close together......beccause building areas ..and such good land is at a premium....very mountainous....

Is the media telling you this???? I doubt it. But I just know that.

Not just in Hawaii..but many many such Islands......

Water is also a premium commodity in Hawaii as well....;potable water.

Many places catch rain water or have it trucked into personal holding tanks on people's property.

Did they tell you that too????

Be Warned these Ishmaelites counting on your ignorance...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When agriculture was abandoned on Maui, grasses totally non-native began infesting those fallow fields. And a good job these pest grasses did! Thus the wildfires.

Before the city of Lahaina went alight, the wildfires were pretty much contained, thus the questions of what happened to cause the town fires is still a bit of a mystery. The electric power company's lack of maintenance of their lines has come under scrutiny.

Stacks of events are NOT lining-up. Weird things happened and are happening.

There is a real estate company owner (Eric West) on Maui who has satellite uplink comm. Regular internet service has not been restored. This fellow has been the only person reporting truths about the nasty stuff going on there. He has also brought in locals to get out the message, a lot of locals and people in-the-know who were witnesses to the Maui fire events. In addition to all his work, he has been a big part of organizing relief efforts. Our Navy of course has bases all over the Hawaii Islands, yet has not been tasked to help with relief efforts after these catastrophic fires. Some FEMA crews have boots on the ground. Some of these FEMA fellows are staying in the most hotels on that island as many locals have no place for shelter.

His web activity shown on YouTube comes under the title Hawaii Real Estate

The following video follows several other videos he has sent out. I've been listening to his messages for the past few days now. Due to his online pleas for help, his voice has gone gravelly, likely his vocal cords are damaged. He is also sleep deprived and mentally worn-out due to NOBODY coming to the aid of the Maui islanders. Biden's trip there was a sad joke.

This Eric West is now sounding like an evangelist, but do forgive him! To the exclusion of his business, he's been doing everything he can to get out the word on the cataclysmic fires on Maui. Hundreds of children are missing and the mainstream media is giving this horror less than short shrift. Seems the media doesn't wish to report the utter disregard the White House regime has for this national catastrophe. Again, HUNDREDS OF HAWAIIAN CHILDREN ARE GONE !!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: The current "presidency" is more concerned about other countries than the U.S.!!!

This situation is far beyond sick.

"Maui Fires | The Cover Up Story - The Perfect Crime?"

"Witness Confirms SOUTH End of Front Street ALSO BLOCKED Escape from Lahaina Maui Fire"

Filipino family describes their situation on Maui:

Wise man Fish survives the fire!:

Wise man Fish gives his testimony on the Maui cover-up

1. Old Geezer

Meanwhile, Mark Zuckerberg is buying up land on another Hawaiian island (not Maui) and the local native people do NOT like it! The oligarchy intend to own as much of this planet as they can and on the land they can't buy, they use centralized governments (who are in their pockets) to enact laws that benefit their agendas.

Old Geezer, Aug 27, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    2. Old Geezer
      What following orders gets you:

"Fatal Maui fires: A police barricade blocked people in to Lahaina, with no escape. Those who dodged it survived"

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/fa...odged-it-survived/S5ZEKX5HKNGNHGLHCCJZDRXNZA/

"As flames tore through a West Maui neighbourhood, car after car of fleeing residents headed for the only paved road out of town in a desperate race for safety.

"One family swerved around the barricade and was safe in a nearby town 48 minutes later - another drove their four-wheel-drive car down a dirt road to escape. One man took a dirt road uphill, climbing above the fire and watching as Lahaina burned. He later picked his way through the flames, smoke and rubble to pull survivors to safety."

Old Geezer, Aug 27, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    It's exactly the same here and it is altering the ecosystems on the moors, in addition to posing a fire risk etc.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Maui fires were due to invasive grasses on abandoned farmlands, or ... .

Or, the fires were intentionally started / propagated .

Add, winds generated off a tropical storm to the south = perfect conditions to get the inferno going.

Perfect storm. Perfect opportunity.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    All these scenarios are possible and, I guess, the fire investigators will sort out which one (or combination thereof) it was.

The recent fires in Greece turned out to have been started by arson.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most of them were probably caused by stupid people acting irresponsibly.

Brownbear likes this.
  18. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Certainly in some cases that would seem to be the case.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Saving Gaia one inferno at a time:

"Alabama Firefighters Pour 36,000 Gallons of Water Into Single Burning Car, Highlighting Deadly Problem on American Roadways"

https://www.westernjournal.com/alab...ighlighting-deadly-problem-american-roadways/

Begin quote

A car accident on Christmas Day caused a fire that required four tankers, over 10 rescue organizations and 36,000 of gallons of water to put out.

According to WIAT-TV, authorities in Pine Level, Alabama had such trouble putting out a fire caused by a Tesla accident on Interstate 65.

Thanks to a process known as “thermal runaway,” which causes lithium ion batteries to reach incredible temperatures, 36,000 gallons were needed to put the fire out.

A normal fire in an internal-combustion car only takes 500 gallons.

“This was a first for Autauga County. Electric vehicle fires are unusual and present unique challenges and dangers to firefighters,” the statement from Pine Level Fire Department read.

“These vehicles can reignite hours or days after they are first extinguished. They burn at temperatures exceeding 2500 degrees C. The smoke from these burning electric cars produces Hydrogen Flouride and Hydrogen Chloride gases – both of which are toxic to breathe and requires firefighters to wear breathing apparatus.”

End quote

Blitz, TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  20. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    To be fair, modern electric cars are a "new" technologically and, as ever, it will take time to get to grips with the new methods required to maintain safe etc.

My own view is that electric cars are a red herring and are no greener or cleaner that ICE cars. I am of the opinion that the costs and resources required to produce electric cars are more environmentally damaging than our already established oil resources, manufacturing and supply chains.

So often when one hears the case for electric cars the argument revolves merely around the end product (which, even then is really only a small amount greener and cleaner) and not the entire manufacturing and supply process. An oft quoted statistic (and it is a generalisation) as that 50% of a cars emissions go into its manufacture and even the greenest vehicle only reaches carbon equilibrium at around 100,000 miles (sourse: Toyota's sales publications for their Prius hybrid).

Blitz, TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the technology for EV's is only suitable for city living, at the moment there arent enough charging points and I doubt they can get enough built before the cutoff date (2035) , the weight of this new vehicle will do more damage to our already pot holed roads, the cost of buying one of these new vehicles is also several times more than a normal vehicle.
    I did hear of someone who tried to do a long journey in an electric vehicle and because of the lack of charging points outside of cities it was the worst journey they ever took and took many times longer than a petrol or diesel car.

22. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wondering to myself....if gasoline is more dangerous than Hydrogen...to burn....carbon and all that..

Seems to me that when you burn Hydrogen you get water??? You are going to need a stainless steel exhaust type system. Will our roads be iced over because of this in very cold winter???....that is unless one can figure out how to boil off the water rapidly as it is being created...

The issue is how to store safely a quantity of Hydrogen to get you someplace....

Also gasoline is a hydrocarbon fuel....has certain hydrogen elements in it.

Was also thinking if one was drunk in the olde days...at least your horse or mule could get you home as long as you could hang on. Wondering how really good these driverless systems are???

I do not drink and use machinery....including my lawn mower...it is my way.

Electric vehicles are not new...but I am not impressed with them.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    your not the only one who isnt impressed by an electric vehicle, plus the cost of purchasing one is through the roof.

24. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow!!! I forgot about that...the cost is indeed through the roof....

I know a woman down in North Carolina who bought a Tesla...and thought it was so great....

For some reason....a little over a year later...she sold it and got a gasoline SUV.

She would not tell me why or discuss it.....very interesting.

I think that some "Expert" sneaking in the back door through government is going to herd people into electric vehicles or public transportation..to become victims and be disarmed before the two legged wildlife....and then advise us to vote for them to stop violence....in perpetuity.

Da Tovarich????

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We bought a little 4-banger rice-rocket to save gas ("petrol" for our English members). It works fine (five forward gears). As a matter of fact, I just got a speeding ticket for letting the thing do the velocity it likes (over 80 mph). I'm a lead-foot driver and deserved getting a ticket. Didn't tell that to the Highway Patrol officer issuing me the ticket. Commuting to work, I used to push 90+, even 100+ (160 k/hr.). Didn't get caught, thus got too confident. Heading through miles and miles of forested land in the shadow of endless mountains, one imagines themself a raptor, an entity unbounded, free to fly. Oops! Wrong.

In-town cars can have even smaller engines and thus get terrific mileage. It's stupid to commute with an SUV or a large truck. Those puppies are only for hauling heavy loads or for heavy snows. Throw-in Forestry Dept mountain roads when cutting & gathering firewood. Seems like every third home around here has a huge 4x4 truck (with ladder racks and big tool storage in the bed) parked in the driveway. My truck is beat to hell and back. Bought it from a Mexican construction worker who needed some money. All trucks should be work-trucks -- NOT pretty/"look-at-me" trucks; how pathetic is that! If your truck is not all beaten to sh##, then you're not using it for that which it was intended = what a waste! Me, I've destroyed trucks.

We can use efficient internal combustion engines until we get nuclear reactor power and better technology for electric vehicles. Already, non-lithium batteries are being developed for vehicles. What we have now in the realm of electric cars are, at best, beta units. Me, I'm no test rat. "Homey don't play that game!"

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I drive a small 5 door 1000cc petrol car, it does about 50 miles to the gallon, I like it because it is nippy and can do the speeds needed on the motorway but it comes into its own on narrow country roads, if I meet another car coming the other way I can tuck it into a field gateway where a larger car would have to reverse half a mile before finding a suitable place to pull in to let the other vehicle pass.
    I drive it like a small van with the rear seats permanently down, I recently had 10 bags of compost in the back, I can carry 2 water butts/barrels at a time, many wooden pallets and firewood. its also good for the monthly food shop.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yup...that is also what I have...as well..

By Olde Geezer...
    I have a truck but it gets no where near the mileage..as the rice burning car..

But for real mileage and savings ...my scooter/scooters are it for about town..

Main thing of disadvantage of scooters is that you cannot carry much cargo on a scooter...

And of course for significant cargo....I use my truck.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you'd be surprised what you can carry on a scooter, my wife had a 90cc motorcycle and during the fuel protests many years ago got a lot of supermarket shopping onboard, we were saving the petrol in the car for emergencies for visiting her (now late) mother.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  29. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah...lonewolf.....I have managed to attach a double wide milk crate to two of my scooters...and it helps tremendously with carrying groceries and other cargos. I have some rope attached to the carton to tie down if needed.

At times a bit more space is needed than what is only under the seat and putting stuff up front on the floor.

But they are great on gasoline and also more comfortable than the olde type mopeds with thin tires. The fat scooter type tires ride much smoother.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had a Lambretta scooter back in the day but got fed up of the front panel acting like a sail and pushing me back so thats when I got into real motorcycles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow Lonewolf..

I have my Dad's olde Lambretta motor scooter made in the 1950.....with real metal...not plastic...out in my garage...

Hoping one of these days to get it back on the road..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, mine was a 60s Li 175cc Lambretta. nippy enough for city traffic but not much good on open rural roads.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Electric cars piss me off big time. In Aus, it's mainly the yuppie, big income earners who buy them. Well, normal people can't really afford them (thank God). My point being, I don't know how they have the intelligence to earn the big bucks, because when it comes to what's "green" and what's not, they don't have a clue. Really gets on my goat.

There was an article in the paper the other day. Apparently by 2028 all new Australian cars will have to be electric hybrids conforming to some bloody ridiculous emission output. No more new Diesel Hiluxes or similar utes. Ridiculous. Shoot me now.

34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the UK govt want us all driving EV's by 2035 but I dont think it will happen most people cant afford it and out here in the rural areas a vehicle is a necessity not a luxury.

35. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wondering about this Lonewolf...and also Blitz.

For all these Idealistic plans to which our governments seem want to hold us hostage and in social and economic bondage........does your nation...have sufficient numbers of charging stations to maintain electric vehicles???

This is a problem in most areas here..

Some time back I stopped at one of the state built rest stops on our main highway....between here and Richmond on Interstate 64. I was dumbfounded to see a handful of charging stations there for electric cars.

Was also thinking that the nation would need plenty more if they are going to hold the nation hostage and in bondage/involuntary servitude to electric vehicles and the politics/whoredom surrounding the same.

But that is just my view based on what I saw at the state built rest station.

Thinking that if politics gets involved..as usual..there will be a lot of violence at these public charging stations.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

36. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I remember when I was in the UK back in 2014, or thereabouts. I couldn't believe all the electric charging points at servos off the main motorways there. I was dumbfounded. Australia had zero. Now ... we have some but certainly not enough if the country is supposed to go electric. There were none in my town, which is a tourist hotspot (God only knows why) frequented by all these bloody caravan drivers. I noticed a few months ago some sort of set up at the local servo. They've gotten with the times apparently.

There were instances of people charging their cars from their homes, by way of long electric cords on the pavement, from cars, through house windows. Idiots.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/tesla-drivers-ridiculous-footpath-act-outrages-aussies-000534141.html

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  37. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    anyone that has an electric vehicle over hare either has to use a public charging point or has to have a drive at home and a private charging point, draping an extension lead over the pavement is illegal.
    there may be enough charging points in cities, I wouldnt know, but long journeys in an electric vehicle takes much longer because of the lack or low number of charging points outside of cities.

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  38. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Was thinking that Elon Musk is supposed to be coming out with and or working on a Hydrogen powered car.

Put fire or ignition to Hydrogen and you get water..

Now that would solve a log of the green issues...but it can be dangerous for accidents and also smokers.

I am not sure most of the public is ready for hydrogen..

Try to picture a drinker and also a smoker in a hydrogen powered car...or truck.

Hydrogen is one of the most powerful molecules on the periodic table..

Large tanker trucks carrying gasoline to the filling stations can be dangerous enough....picture a tanker carrying hydrogen???!!!! Wow!!!!

So would you need a grounding point when you park your car????? You know...a parking meter and also there a grounding point????

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Well I'd be screwed then! Hahahaha

TMT Tactical likes this.