About Unemployment..............

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Mar 24, 2024.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Of recent....a family member...became unemployed and his trade is auto mechanics..both diesel and gasoline powered vehicles...engines...et al.

He called me to ask if I knew anyone who needed some automobile work.

Initially I did not ...until I realized that I had some six months back purchased the lower control arms for my car..but kept procrastinating on installing them.

I realized that this was a type of opportunity to help and also to get my car issues resolved.

I called him back and told him what I needed and also that he could use my garage and tools ...air compressor etc ...to get the job done.

He showed up here and had the job done in about 5 hours....and well done too.

He quoted me a price which I thought was too low and I doubled it...for him. As far as I was concerned..we both made out....,well.

Took the car for a test ride and it works fine ..but I must schedule a front end alignment soon.

I have some other work to do on my truck and we will schedule this...as well.

But this worked out both as a chance to help someone who needed it and also solve some of my issues here as I am getting on in years and am not that interested ...as in younger years ...in spending hours under my vehicles.

And now you know the rest of the story....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    My fear is that this is going to happen more and more and more across this land .....unemployment......in particular ...with and as a result of the very high caliber of intelligences leading this country unto economic chaos...

They seem not to be able to do any better than chaos....

Be Warned these Ishmaelites in leadership positions.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are many people unemployed in the UK citing mental health caused by the covid lockdowns. about 20,000 each month are unemployed because of mental health, thats quarter of a million over the year.
    on top of that 500,000 under 35's are "economically inactive " i.e, not working because of long term health conditions.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Mental health caused by the covid lockdowns....Wow!!!

Your kidding me lonewolf....really??? Your seriously kidding me right?????

I say this because I am accustomed to working with US Navy people in this shipyard.......either assigned to surface ships or on submarines...

And submarine sailors are of a substantially different caliber from surface ship folk in that they are basically living in a long tube for months at a time.....coming to the surface only for brief periods of time..for a visual....a comm link..or satellite navigation fix...update....or all three...at the same time..very quickly .....no wasted time...

That is it...then you go bsck down...

It takes a very very different caliber of human/discipline.. to withstand that as a constant diet..

I tip my hat to sailors who can take long isolation out at sea..from home and family.

At the same time..I am aware that you and I are not exactly the social butterfly type....and I am ok with that.

If I want to cover long distances...I usually do it on my ham radio.here at home....

I reckon I'm just not that social.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you and me both (not social), it takes an extra special person for me to want to meet them and not that many meet that criteria.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hey man, the lock-down screwed with a lot of people's heads. What most folk don't realize is the vast numbers of people out there with only marginal mental health. Push them just a little bit and they "lose it".

The lock-downs did profound developmental damage to school-age children.

Note: To pull-up many medical articles these days, one must do so using Google Chrome. (Without Chrome, you get the error "Secure connection failed".) Google is a monopoly supported by the Left and visa-versa ... fellow travelers, don't'cha'know. Go figure.

"Pandemic babies are behind after years of stress, isolation affected brain development "

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...ers-delayed-development-heres-why/9660318002/

"Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children's mental health: A systematic review"

https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/psychiatry/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2022.975936/full

"School Closures During Social Lockdown and Mental Health, Health Behaviors, and Well-being Among Children and Adolescents During the First COVID-19 Wave"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2788069

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most humans tend to be herd like, remove them from human contact and their mental health suffers, only people like myself who are used to living and being alone can cope with that sort of situation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL lonewolf......you should have been a submariner....you would fit right in.

Years and years of working the grave yard shift have made me into the "not social butterfly type."

And the last 15 to 20 years on the Second shift...3:30 PM to Midnight.

I learned to like those hours for when I was not at work...I could shop in the stores while most were at work or work at home out in my garage.....and less traffic and parking issues...as long as I got home or to work before most day people got off work.

I learned to verily like it. I am not a big crowd type person...and tend to dislike large gatherings of people....I tend to go the other way from crowds..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you and I are very similar but I dont think I'd like to be in a submarine, too enclosed, I like the open air and nature, not people. my father used to call me "the wild man of the woods" :D

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  10. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so sure I would do well on a submarine crew myself lonewolf. Most of what I know about them is from working/building them....and that is sufficient for me and plenty close.

I just know that very few surface ship folk would handle submarine work and for the very reasons you describe..

I tip my hat to those folk who can handle submarine duty for long stretches...at a time.

I expect that in the RN the drop out rate is pretty high as well....and for similar reasons. When you are down deep you want people with you who can handle it ..and are steady...you know you can count on them....not wetting their britches..at the slightest inconvenience/hardship and so on.

lonewolf...that is pretty much my criterion for many people around me...even here on the surface....No Drama....!!!! I greatly dislike drama queens...male or female both....I tend to get away from them..put distance between myself and them and quickly.

Which would account for why I tend towards not being the social butterfly type..my crowd/circle is small....by criterion.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Calif. fast-food chains slash workers as $20-an-hour minimum wage looms "

https://nypost.com/2024/03/25/busin...ash-workers-as-20-an-hour-minimum-wage-looms/

"California restaurants are reportedly laying off staff and reducing hours for other team members in an effort to cut costs ahead of a California state law taking effect on April 1 that will raise fast-food workers’ hourly wage to $20.

"In the months leading up to the wage mandate, California eateries, particularly pizza joints, have established a plan to cut jobs, according to state records obtained by The Wall Street Journal.

"At some fast-food locations, the April 1 minimum-wage increase for California fast-food workers represents as much as a 25% increase from the state’s broader $16 minimum wage.

"Panera Bread, however, was ruled exempt from the $20-an-hour minimum wage hike by Gov. Gavin Newsom after the billionaire owner of several of the chain’s locations donated to his campaign, according to a report."

-------------------

Other links concerning the layoffs due to increase in minimum wage:

https://www.inc.com/bruce-crumley/c...f-law-raising-minimum-wage-to-20-an-hour.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...inimum-wage-hike-will-fuel-californias-decay/

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/bay-area-fast-food-layoffs-minimum-wage-hike-19368068.php

--------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow.....!!!!

I reckon that is what happens when you have very high IQ people in public offices....

They forget how basic economics works in favor of selling the office and power to the highest bidder..

Thus everyone loses out......when Ishmaelites run wild...

No wonder people and businesses who can are leaving Kalifornia.

Wondering how long before it becomes a mass exodus....and the phony media can no longer hide said.....Exodus.???

Same for New York....run clearly ....by similar Ishmaelites...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!?????

Mayhap I am not using a sufficiently broad brush here.....

Mayhap I should have used the expression .....in sufficiently fallen leftist states....and people leaving...for states with better economies....and or potential.

How long can leadership in such states keep people dumbed down in a rigged system ???????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.