Advanced Survival Skills: "make'em Weep - Then Make'em Cry"

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Sourdough, May 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In this chapter we examine "NON-LETHAL" methods of encouraging "Beggars/Predators/Thieves/Squatters/Special Snowflakes/Liberals/Rapists/Murders/and others" to avoid the general area. And specifically our exact area. (Loose translation: Please go some place else to die)

1.) Homemade Spike strips.
    2.) Bear boards from "HELL".
    3.) Trees felled across the highway/roads/railroads/trails/creeks/rivers/driveways/ you get the general idea.
    4.) Use of heavy equipment to block-damage-destroy-impeded all items in #3 above.
    5.) The use of animals to discourage encroachment. (Trained assault attack Guinea Fowl/Snakes/Dogs (The hounds from HELL)/Attack Hogs/Bears/Horny Breed Bull/Attack Geese/etc.)
    6.) Tripwire for smoke/sound/stench/etc.. (Including "Set'guns" armed with 12 ga. blanks or parachute flares).
    7.) Motion activated lights and alarms, that are solar powered.
    8.) Very high and hidden observation towers. Some with decoy mannequins.
    9.) Fencing and more redundant fencing and Concertina wire (Coils).

What else you got......goal is to discourage them with extreme clarity, but mitigate possible injury. (Loose translation: Please go some place else to die)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have found that when ass deep in a terrifyingly urgent survival vexation, the short term goal is vividly clear. There exists no other goal, no other reality, only the short term goal.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Dalewick, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nail a looter to a telephone pole with a spike through his mouth.

4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Paint your impaled looters in different happy colors such as yellow, pink, and robin's egg blue.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Post happy messages on billboards nearby. Example: "Come feed my disease!"

You could use the intestines of the interlopers with whom you partied to create the letters of your message. For the exclamation point, you could use a body for the upper part and his head for the dot below.

Nailed it!

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  6. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How about some signs?
    5c21f226ddff4b7c7f8af2d20d13e47b.jpeg 5c21f226ddff4b7c7f8af2d20d13e47b.png 5c21f226ddff4b7c7f8af2d20d13e47b.png
    Keith.

7. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith...........I have so many signs, that Law Enforcement Officers (friends) call from the bottom of the mountain, to ask if it is safe to come up. I do some assistance with LEO's.

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    IBME,

Ref 5; "Attack Geese"; wasn't familiar with use of adjective "attack" but at our China oil exploration camps, it was common for using geese around perimeter. The geese equaled dogs for intruder alerts and related. Although not able to physically repel like big dogs, the costs for the geese upkeep were, relatively speaking, low. The economies of scale freed up funds for additional types of protection.

Ref 6; Here, besides the legality matters, flares are "discouraged" because of the wold fire concerns - actually "guarantees". Wild fire prevention is a "big ticket" item here.

Ref: "What else..."; Illumination. This place can be made as bright as a high school football stadium for the night game. I had a tug boat horn but decided not to rig it up. I could have installed a public address system but decided to minimize "systems" and just have a portable megaphone with fog horn feature.

Morgan101, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bio-Hzard sign. Who would take the chance. Some hidden bad smelling stuff near by will add to the the desire to not enter this area.

Sonofliberty and Sourdough like this.
  10. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    1) Cheap outdoor solar powered path lights, the kind with a single LED and a rechargeable AA battery that come on after dark, and some infrared LEDs. Replace the visible light LED with the IR LED (just snip the old one out and solder new one in). If the SHTF, place some of the modified solar lights around your perimeter. The light they give off is invisible to the naked eye, but they glow like bright candles to anyone viewing them with night vision goggles or scopes. A deterrent to any bad guys with night vision; you'll be telling them you have NV too and they won't have the advantage at night that they think they have. "Can you see these lights? Yeah, well so can we".

2) Dakota Alerts. These things are great (but not cheap), and they can be modified to be even more effective.

3) Stump remover (potassium nitrate) and sugar (I use corn syrup) is an easy and inexpensive way to make ]smoke b0mbs.

4) For those with long driveways, a few large rocks/small boulders along the sides are decorative now and can be rolled into place to impede vehicles from entering. If you live near public (state/federal) land you can probably get them for free.

5) Spray paint and old bed sheets to make custom, and very large, signs with the wording of your choice.

11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes.......several of my cached 55 gal. steel drums full of survival stuffs, have Haz-Met stickers on them. "Full Hazard Material Handling Suit Required".

"WARNING" Contents: Asbestos Dust and Asbestos dust laden clothing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think some are getting confused between survival gear and survival skills, skills will last a lifetime, gear and "stuff" will not.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  13. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Great list, IBME. I have to question # 3. If you fell a tree across a road isn't that kind of a permanent solution? Like burning a bridge? I mean it will work to keep intruders out, but it keeps you in as well. It would be effective.

Not sure what type of abode you have but planting bushes beneath windows gives you some space to keep intruders away. Even more effective if the bushes have thorns.

If you can find them put radioactive stickers on your drums, or anything else that is buried. People generally give that a pretty wide berth.

Old Geezer: I see you have been to the Vlad Dracul School of Home Security. You won't send a message any louder than that.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Where I have spent most of my life.........the most important "Skill" is having stuff.

Example: If it is mid January and 31 degrees below zero, and in the middle of the night the cabin burns down. while I am standing near naked in five feet of snow, I'll need stuff, urgently need stuff, like warm clothing. Now after I have got'into nice warm stuff, I can take a moment to appreciate that I had the skill to have staged "Stuff" for survival outside of the cabin.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I will put a thief or an attackers head on the top of a fence post. After I have a half a dozen or so posted any others will die because they were just too stupid to live. Being considered crazy mean isn't a bad thing in a rough world.

Warning signs and then since we are fencing our three acres you will have a pack of dogs, ducks, quinines, and goats to deal with. We have three big border collies that are sort of territorial and loud my Yorkie will go after you though. She thinks she is the BOSS. Strangely all the critters seem to agree with her...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  16. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Originally I had also planned on the the "Head On Pike" deterrent but even thieves and looters have friends and family. I do not want disgruntled folks just looking for a way to get revenge for their lost ones. I decided that having them "Vanish" without a trace is a better idea. Word will get out that my property is like the "Bermuda Triangle", things and people just disappear.

poltiregist and Morgan101 like this.
  17. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

During severe and widespread SHTF:

Make your home look like it is already looted, complete with trashed-out front and back yards. Hidden stinkbait buckets in various places outside (to give the impression of death on the premises). This combination may be enough to persuade would-be looters to move onto a better find.

This may work in a pandemic situation:

Signs saying something to the effect that disease is on the premises. Hidden stinkbait buckets outside may encourage vivid imaginations… Looters would likely beat a hasty retreat.

Morgan101, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    forgot to store a fire extinguisher did you?:p
    lots of "ifs" in your example.
    anyway, "stuff" wears out, is broken or is stolen, skills do not and will last a lifetime.
    what would someone do once their stuff is all gone and they have no skills? probably perish if they cannot survive without stuff.
    "Stuff" is okay for short term events and only short term events, for long term events some serious life enhancing skills are needed otherwise its just delaying the inevitable.
    long term survival must be about what we know and what we can do, not what our bank balance will buy.
    when I read the title of this thread I thought I was in for some interesting reading about life skills but sadly that was not the case.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
  20. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
    6a) Ingredients for homemade tannerite.

6d0fcb40a86a1263a84ba97a79c6f8d8.jpeg

Ammonium Nitrate (instant cold packs) and dark aluminum powder (from a pyrotechnics supply store). Instructions online. I've never tried detonating the homemade variety, the cold packs are from the first-aid supplies and the aluminum powder was obtained as one ingredient for a mixture I won't name here. Some basic chemistry knowledge, some "stuff", and a little improvisation. The knowledge alone isn't enough, and the "stuff" alone doesn't help without the knowledge - both are required.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    right, I've had enough of this, you are out of here as of now.
    too personal, too adversarial.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    There is place in the middle of nowhere along the Richardson Highway in Alaska where some has impaled about 100-150 baby doll heads on spears along his property boundary. Nutty enough to keep me out!

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
    Guessing I missed some of gunkids posts (which were removed). Did he like me? Please tell me he liked me! :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    One sense that is sometimes forgotten but easily used against people is there sense of smell. A favorite of mine is skunk essence used in mines (modified airsoft mines work well) or electric squirt guns set as set guns. A face full of skunk sends everyone away retching and puking. You can also buy SFE (Synthetic Fermented Egg) to use in the same way or just figure out how to launch rotten eggs at your trespassers. There are lots of other smells that have similar results. You can also rig pepper spray canisters as direction mines. Just some nonlethal ideas.

Dale

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The best way to survive is to avoid violence and have food supplies that are natural to your area and will grow without excessive effort. Fruit and nut trees are priceless. Make the effort to not make your place look too prosperous. A big out front garden in a world full of hungry people is not going to be a good thing. Instead plant things that produce underground like potatoes, yams, peanuts, etc. Most people don't know what the above-ground part of these plants looks like. Grains such as amaranth and lambsquarters are not easily recognized by people that have not seen it before and associated it with food.

You need to know your area. If you will make a few adjustments a place can look deserted and have lots of low spots that you can lay in wait for attackers. The thing that you want to accomplish is that nobody will be attracted to your place. on the flips side of this is that you have to be mentally prepared to protect your place. If you put up signs you need to be willing to DO IT if it threatens death. Put a bell on the road to your property and post a sign that anyone that goes past that bell without permission will die then you have to do it.

You need to know every low spot or piece of cover that you might be able to use and also any place that might be used against you. You might want to improve the ones that you might use and think about either eliminating or booby-trapping the ones that might be used against you.

Sourdough, lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A thought on defenses , When in Nam a North Vietnamese defector " actually born in the south but was sent north for training and then sent back south " to kill some U.S. guys . showed me how he was trained to infiltrate our defenses . He was taught our defenses was like an egg . The outer shell is hard but the inside is soft and vulnerable . We went to our outer defense one day where we had the typical coils of razor wire enclosing our perimeter . He stripped down to almost but nacked , layed down on the ground and in a very slow motion began to move like a snake through the razor wire . He could feel the slightest touch of the wire against his bare skin . In short order he was through our defensive perimeter .

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    IN SHTF we wont be fighting the Viet Cong, we'll be dealing with mostly CIVILIANS who don't have a clue about such things, if you get your security perimeter right you can probably "channel" them to where you want them.

28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Correct about the dumb civilians , I have an entire roll of razor wire to put in place where and when needed .

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most people will not go through razor wire or other sort of barricade when there is an easier way to go.
    even thorny bushes would deter them, razor wire around a residential property is illegal in the good times here, but thorny bushes are not.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Using old scrap lumber to build mannequins or scare crows.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Blackberry vines on a fence make it an almost impenetrable barricade and it is a food supply. Holy and Spanish Dagger placed under windows makes those windows a lot less attractive. As Lone Wolf said' funnel them into killing fields and then kill them. You can have shooting lanes that don't look to bad but if you are ready and already aimed through that lane they are easy targets. On the backside of your shooting lane dig them a nice little ditch that they can jump into when you open fire...and line the bottom of it with Punjie sticks or mines. Defensive setups are like judo. You want them to provide the power that you can then redirect so they kill themselves as much as possible.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  32. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    My home defense design incorporated three long block flower beds in the front yard about 3 foot high. I figured the attackers would hide behind the flower beds vs. laying in the open field, in preparation to assaulting the house. The front yard side of the flower bed would have buried explosives. The flower bed would act a shield to protect the house from the shrapnel and also channel the explosive charge into the attackers. Pre-laid piping and wiring can and should be done pre-shtf. Placing the charges has to wait until WROL time. In the mean time you have a very nice planter filled with your favorite plants.

33. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if you would like any advice, but I'm offering. No offense intended. Have you considered using directional chargers at 90 degree angels from your flower beds. That would greatly reduce any possibility of your home getting hit and direct the blast directly at your target area. Claymores, directional mortars or directional shaped charges will all work and be fairly easily hidden from sight. Just a thought.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Dale, no offense taken and ALL suggestion welcome. I like the concept of directional charges. I chose the buried charges because they can't be seen and can be remotely set off. The idea is to get as many as possible hunkered down behind the planters before firing the underground charges. I would like to know more about hiding the shaped charges. I did not want to damage the flower bed by hiding charges inside the structure. I have pyrotechnic experience but no military experience. The military did not like the condition of my knees either. LOL

35. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm always careful about what I put on social media. Here are a couple pics. If you have specific questions please feel free to PM me here.

efp.jpg DIRECTIONALFRAGMENTAIONIEDTRAININGAID.jpg

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Dale, those were what I had planned for along the driveway. Once activated, they would auto detonate. The IED was to be located in wilderness access but with smoke / flares vs. explosive. That is to be the early warning system. Hopefully this will all be wasted effort and never needed but better to have it ready, if needed. Putting things on the open web is not a good idea. If and when I get a little closed to a finished design, I may PM you for some pointers.

Dalewick likes this.
  37. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think we should be talking about such things on an open forum.

38. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Dalewick has the FBI made it to your door yet ? We are being monitored . If you suddenly disappear I sincerely wish you the best . TMT tactical I also will be watching for future posts from you and also wish you the best .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I HAVE been in contact with the FBI in the past concerning posts put on another forum by another member that posted some radical stuff . That member disappeared .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I NEVER post ANYTHING that's restricted on any social media. I would NEVER endanger a brother that way. The knowledge is in the things NOT on the internet or on Prepper sites. Uncle Sam knows where I live. I'll bet they know my badge number still. LOL!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I have not seen anything in this thread that is restricted to read about. Maybe the laws have changed recently.

42. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am just concerned as in the past " several years ago " I was under government surveillance . It doesn't take a lot to catch their attention. Look at Randy Weaver for example .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. GateCrasher

247/345

Blog Posts:
    Just as it pertains to my posts in this thread, binary explosives for personal use are allowed (without license or permit) in the USA. State and local restrictions may apply however. Description and legal overview here (although in general I hate wikipedia): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_explosive

Anything beyond that, unless legal in the poster's country, should probably only be discussed in private face-to-face conversations with those you trust (imo).

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.