Advantages of Prepping With an 18th Century Living History Group.

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Keith H., Aug 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Advantages of Prepping With an 18th Century Living History Group.

· Participating in living history activities is fun & educational.

· Children love living history activities & are able to share the experience with their parents.

· Children who participate in Historical Trekking become used to carrying their own equipment & getting ready for the trek. IF a shtf situation should arise, the child knows what to do to get ready to leave, no fuss & no worries.

· As a group member you can train with the local militia which is completely legal & does not attract unwanted attention.

· You can learn many primitive living & survival skills including flint, steel & tinderbox fire lighting.

· You can use a variety of period items & learn how to make your own clothing & equipment.

· You can learn muzzle-loading, archery, sword fighting & tomahawk throwing.

· You can participate in historical treks & get to actually use your equipment. In this way you are able to choose the right equipment to suit your needs & you will know that it all works.

· You will learn to set up an oilcloth shelter & construct other primitive shelters.

· Lone wolves can still take advantage of group membership either by learning from the group instructors, or by participating on the group’s internet forum.

This is the New England Colonial Living History Group 1680-1760 forum address if you are interested: http://eighteenthcenturylivinghistory.freeforums.org/

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lonewolf likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    last weekend we went to a living history camp, we met and talked with several reinactors there, a very interesting and rewarding day out.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    They are usually a good bunch of people, willing to help people wanting to get into living history. My blood brother's son Running Deer lives in England & used to attend Rendezvous. I have the photographs of the various events there.
    Keith.

joewhitecrow likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
  5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    i belong to the mountainman assoiation we have gatherings once a month here in pa and two national gatherings a year it is a great group and alot of fun to belong to

joewhitecrow likes this.
  6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I was looking forward to going to the medieval fair thingy at caboolture this month!

Turns out it was last month! will have to do better next year!

7. joewhitecrow

joewhitecrow Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    HELLO OL HOSS, im a SKINNER/ MTMAN. I have my own primitive camp up onthe edge of my pasture. LOOKING forward to the first snow i will have my lodge TIPI and all my gear ready I really look forward to my fall camp. It takes me away from this place and time and gives me the peace i need to recharge my sprit. Im an old guy and if i passed over while in my camp that would be a great way to go.

sarky and Keith H. like this.