Akin To Old Reader's Digest "humor In Uniform"

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Oct 20, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...ttle-assemblies-militarys-love-of-powerpoint/

Good morning all,

Per ...

Before relaxing here, gear up on skyjackings.

I'm old. Was a participant of new IT stuff entering the military concurrent with learning about it while sitting in bleachers - rows of boards without a backrest.

My perfected skills, like only a few others developed, was being able to sleep with my eyes open.

I had one highly-desirable enhancement to this. If/when called upon, I knew how to properly respond. One of my responses was something like - " - It's definitely important for us - but isn't there a doctrine dispute between the Artilley School and the Army War College ? - " -.

Almost immediately some high-ranking people on sidelines with mugs of warm coffee would offer supporting comments such as - " - If they expect us to do that, then we'll need 10 more target acquisition battalions ... - "-.

The instructor will then say "Thank you Major Fogbound for bringing up this important doctrine dispute. "

If a lifer could teach me how to tune in an AM rock and roll station in Kenya on an AN/GRC 5 ("Angry 5") radio, I'm sure some counterparts can teach how to work cyber forums during the Power Point lessons.

Not too much is new under the sun.

TMT Tactical likes this.