Alone In Crowd/:

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by docx, May 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. docx

docx New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone.
    What would you prefer go alone running or with other friend ?
    What about fishing ?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am confused, is this a survival question or are you referring to hobbies or sports?
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    ditto.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I prefer lone walks to be honest. It's more relaxing that way, and I have always hated being among crowded places. It chokes the life out of me for some reason, so I always either stay indoors, or in case I have to go out, get my headphones and music on and wade through the waves and waves of people that you meet every single day. I know it seems odd, but it helps me go through daily chores around the city.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I generally don't "do" people, I prefer nature to human beings.

6. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    It depends on where I am carrying out the activities. I would dearly consider a friend if I am in a lonely or new place. Sometimes making a wrong turn can mean death. I realised this when I once used an unfamiliar route and encountered some thugs. It was by the mercy of God that they let me free. I am not paranoid but even misery lover company.

7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I know how you feel, I hate going to the city. No crowds of people in my forest. BUT, be careful wearing headphones! They may stop you from hearing something vital to your survival!
    Keith.

8. Harry Warren

Harry Warren New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I am fortunate to have a wife (of 24 yrs.) who I enjoy doing most things with. I have never gone camping without her, and she does pretty well in the woods. She has gotten much braver over the years. But, sometimes I will go walking by myself, and I think that is smart. It gives me some time to focus on what's going on inside my head.

9. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I tend to be a loner, for the most part. I like having time to myself. I'm a lot more comfortable if there isn't anyone around to see me trip over my own feet. If I'm camping, I want someone else there. If it's any situation with any serious risks, like snake bite for example, I want someone there just in case. If I were camping in somewhere like Australia, though, I would want a whole lot of people there... Keith H. and ALL of his friends!

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was brought up as an "only" child, so being on my own is just natural for me.

11. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was not an only child. My brother died, leaving me with an older sister. That is why I prefer to be alone!!!
    Keith.

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't like crowds. Never have been a party person. That said I like to have a small group that I get together with and having a fishing buddy is nice. When I walk though I walk alone and love the woods and unvisited places at night. I have been truly blessed with a best friend that I have been with for 46 years and married for 43. She has been everything that I wanted in a wife. Unlike some men I like a strong fearless woman. She is my partner and has always pulled at the very least her half. If things go bad and we have to fight I won't have to protect her, she will be fighting right there beside me. There is a special comfort if you have someone that you can trust without reservation.