An Important Skill To Learn Is How To Tie Knots.

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Jöran Jäderberg, Jul 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Jöran Jäderberg

Jöran Jäderberg New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Ok guys knots and how to tie them are an important skill to learn.Begin with the basic knots and then if you are up for it you can learn more advanced knots. And learn also to make different lashings as well because you need that when you are going to make a tripod or build table or a bed . And there are alot more to learn like make an Eye splice on a rope etc. There are alot of websites about knots and how to tie them and on Youtube you can find alot of videos about knots too. And you can buy books about knots too.

2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    What about hatchet knots

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Definitely, but you need to know how to tie those army knots. The one you use to tie your shoelaces are pretty flimsy, learning how to make an army-grade knot is incredibly useful for stuff like tying up your tent or other basic surviving stuff.

4. Jöran Jäderberg

3/29

Blog Posts:
    I have seen a Youtube video with army knots but that was atleast 2 years ago and these knots are really great too

5. Art Jones

Art Jones Member
      11/29

Blog Posts:
    I agree 100% because the old adage can't tie a knot tie a lot is a waste of resources for the future.

6. Jöran Jäderberg

3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes and i agree there are few people around the World who really can call themselfs rope /knot masters and that is a dying art these Days and i agree that is a total waste of Resources for the future.