Angling Equipment.

Discussion in 'Primitive Tools and Weapons' started by Keith H., Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have in the past made lines from plant cordage with gorge hooks, but now I carry my angling tackle in a brass container in my belt pouch. I made some of my own hand forged hooks, & I have used linen lines with animal sinew & brass wire leaders.

[​IMG]

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have small eyelets that screw in to a stick a spool of 8ld spider wire jig heads mister twister tails in green white black and brown hooks and split shot weights a fly box of hand tied flys i carry this in a crown royal bag plus i have tackle boxes and fishing gear in my trucks with these i can fish anywhere

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    generally speaking, a rod and line post SHTF wastes too much time, we need something we can set and leave like a fish trap, a net, or maybe a series of tethered lines and baited hooks.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Trout line easy to make series of hooks baited set into a pool tied to tree. I just love to fish