Another One Onboard

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Grumpy Max, Jan 26, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Since I started looking seriously at Prepping my Wife has been giving me ‘That Look’. She hasn’t said anything but I just know she wasn’t just not onboard HMS Prepper but was waving me off from the quayside!
    However, after watching 2 episodes of ‘Doomsday Preppers’ she was starting to get a foot onboard HMS Prepper! Then this morning she jumped aboard & took the helm!
    She’d seen a comment by the Defence Minister that there was a serious threat that the Russians could attack our infrastructure & cause the deaths of “thousands & thousands & thousands” in UK.
    Now I’m being left behind as she is getting lists together of things we need to get & do so we’re prepared.
    It’s the first time I’ve been thankful to a Government Minister for something they’ve said....I’m not alone onboard HMS Prepper!

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    nice one Max, the more the merrier!!!
    I take it that's the report about the Russians hacking the power grid and shutting it down and leaving us all in the UK in the dark.....allegedly!!!:D

Grumpy Max likes this.
  3. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    That’s the one. The thing is, it could happen. Putin is ex-KGB & can’t be trusted, nationalism is on the rise amongst the Russian youth who look back at the Soviet Union day’s through rose-tinted glasses & one day they may be in control of Russia then who knows what will happen?

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    My mrs is on board with me but when iget carried away i get smaked wish shehad a look lol

Grumpy Max likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My wife has been fully onboard for about 40 years now. It wasn't hard to sell at all. She was a country girl and her family ate a lot of game and raised a huge garden that they canned out of every year. They were like me and preppers before there was such a thing. 40 or 50 years ago it was just common sense to have a few months food on hand and if you lived on the coast to be ready to run if you needed to. Everyone had coleman stoves, coleman lanterns Kerosene lamps and their important papers packed so all you had to do was grab them and go.

During the Cuban Missile crisis our car was loaded and ready to go 24/7 for over a month. During hurricane season you kept your car at least half full and if there was a storm in the gulf you kept it full.

Grumpy Max likes this.