Are You Contented Of What You Have?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Rhomhie Morelh Campo, May 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Rhomhie Morelh Campo New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    As a person i'm contented of what i have a good family and a positive mind set how about you? :)

Mr Boots and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes I think taking all into account I am satisfied with my lot. There are some things I within my family which I wish were better, but we do cope & it is no great hassle. In my own life I have attained most of the goals I set myself, I married a gorgeous girl & after over 40 years we are both still in love with each other. I have a nice self-sufficient off grid home (two actually) in a forest that we own. Our health is pretty good but of course I am old now so have to put up with aches & pains & the inability to do things that I used to be able to do. But on the whole, yes, I am contented :)
    Keith.

Mr Boots likes this.
  3. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    That is my survival 'mantra' It is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has is the route to happiness. Looking around and seeing what I have, I am forever in the attitude of gratitude

4. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I am content with whatever I have even in the state of lack. I have learnt that true happiness doesn't come from without but from within. I have to admit that I find it absurd to have contentment when I see others suffering due to lack. True contentment kids in addressing their plight.

5. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I try to be content all the time, with everything I have going on. Whether it's music, work, or school. I just try to tell myself whatever it is I'll get through it eventually. So, that's how I usually stay content with myself.

6. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I think being contented depends upon the context in which it is used. I as a person, I am happy for what I am and have presently, but I still strive for more. Does it mean I am not contended?

7. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes and no. I feel very blessed with my family, my home life, and career. I am deeply thankful for where I am in life.

However, I don't countenance standing still. Much like preparedness being a way of life, I relish the forward movement to more knowledge, better fitness, a stronger financial situation, etc. Stagnation is not an option.

8. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    The bible said we should be contented with what we have. Well, i am contented with what i have at the moment but i would like to also fill in the other blank spaces in other areas of my life.

9. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Not very contented... I could do with more money :D

Otherwise, life is peachy keen.

10. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I have an entire Spotify playlist named survival... :D :D :D

Lately, I have been searching really hard about what it means to be content. :( Guess I could be a little depressed?

iamawriter likes this.
  11. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    haha

Eva.Ling likes this.
  12. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    lol