Are You Prepared?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Justin Baker, Mar 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Thought I'd share this article with anyone new to prepping and the survival mindset:
    >>HERE<<

2. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a half a roll of butt'wipe and two frozen pizzas. Plus one slice of pizza from last night. I am sure the Government will fix things. And in the mean time they have a nice camp I can go to.

I forgot I also have a half bag of chocolate chip cookies. I'll be fine.

Justin Baker likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      You have via psychic spying stolen that which I was going to post.

Do not delve into my brain else you too could go quite mad.

Old Geezer, Mar 15, 2020
      Justin Baker and Sourdough like this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    As per the thread title. I'm NOT anywhere near prepared for pandemic. My preparedness were build upon the risk of bank holiday and natural disaster (flash flood, deep earthquake, and tsunami) and the basic premise has always been MOBILITY. But with this plague I don't have anywhere to go :(

5. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Everyone has a prepping "Vision". It likely started long ago. And the "Vision" most likely was that if the SHTF real bad, people would die, maybe a lot of people would die. But in the "Vision" they would prevail, and all those they love would prevail. Now slowly arises the awareness of a remote possibility that some....maybe many preppers may not prevail. Some and maybe several of us may not prevail.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its usually down to "prepare for the worst, hope for the best", I don't think we can do any more than that. survival is sometimes down to being in the right place at the right time and doing the right thing.

7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The biggest mistake that many made that consider themselves preppers was they didn't sacrifice and move to that isolated survival retreat . Probably too late now . Some understandably still hope to survive in a populated environment - I truly wish them luck .

8. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Just think.....with that frozen pizza you can eat all the toppings off then have neat triangle shaped 'wipes' for other uses!

1. TMT Tactical
      Very bad visual. LOL

TMT Tactical, Mar 16, 2020
      Sourdough likes this.
  9. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    for all the people supposed to be home, you would think this site would be more active, have more comments everywhere.

10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree and looking at the title to this particular thread I would think people would want to respond . The lack of response speaks for its self . Actually I am having a lot of fun with the global collapse . I am finding it quite amusing .

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Rebecca, TMT Tactical and BSHJ like this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Now is the time to be quiet. Now is the time to spread false information about one's level of preparedness. Now is "NOT" the time to be bragging about how smart one is, or how abundant are one's supplies.

It is possible that in the near week or two smart preppers will totally stop posting, go "Dark" as they say.

Truly "No'one" knows what the future is for life with this escaped engineered biological evil virus. It is very possible that with mutations or other yet to be released biological warfare virus, we could be compelled to endure un imaginable horror. This may not have been an accident, and there could likely be counter biological attacks.

This is a good time, to sit quietly alone, and skip the fantasy bullshit, and really start to understand what one might have to do. There is much glib talk about "Harden your Heart", I fear that could be more painful, or even fatally impossible for many, maybe myself.

Till we are comfortable with an "All'clear" stand'down. We need to avoid being seduced by the adventure of this pandemic, and be constantly ready to hide. Most think their home is their super safe space. Keeping that space uncontaminated may prove to be impossible, even fatally impossible.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Rebecca, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    No non-emergency personnel are going into work right now, however there is online work to do. This keeps one busy, so going to personal interest sites like this one gets put off until evening. I think I got onto this site today. Work-work can simply be involving; it can steal your focus.

Nope, I didn't get on this site today. Didn't post anything. Might have looked. One gets involved when doing work stuff.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    I just made a resupply run to Walmart..Everything seems normal some empty shelves but the food sections seem well stocked..Bought meat frozen dinners 5# of rice some "CHOCOLATE" and some orange juice..

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Only a minority of Americans are prepared for emergencies. Even those who say they are, really they are not -- they only have the minimal amounts.

"New Data Reveals How Prepared Americans Are for an Emergency at Home and on the Road"

https://financebuzz.com/extreme-weather-preparedness

-----------------

Me, I don't believe the numbers given above.

Do you really have a week's worth of survival supplies in your car? Do you have fire extinguishers, heavy tools to extract people from crumpled cars and trucks? Got wool blankets or "space-blankets in your vehicle? How much water/drinks do you keep in your car. Could you feed your family for three to six months on the food you have at home? Do you have water-purification devices and water storage containers.

The horrific earthquake that just happened in Turkey is but a blip compared to the catastrophes getting ready to happen all around the world. The Pacific Ocean's "Ring of Fire" is waking-up. In that section of the Earth, tens of millions will likely die in the next few decades due to Earth events alone. Add war and there will likely be billions who die ... in that one region alone. There are 8 Billion people living on this Earth and a high percentage of them are dependent on high-tech farming. The people of Western nations are addicted to having electricity fed to their homes and apartments. Do you know how to grow your own food? Are you doing so now? Without electricity and without the presence of law enforcement, could you get by?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think I've been prepared since I was 12 years old and a Boy Scout.
    certainly putting stuff back for a rainy day was and is part of my upbringing.
    the majority of the population in this and other western nations could not and will not survive without electricity, look what happened in Europe when Russia cut off the gas supply, all western nations rely on oil supplies, cut that off and we will all have to live a pre industrial lifestyle or die attempting to, or die NOT trying to.