Are you scared of Hell?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by remnant, Jul 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    The most worrying fact that man will have to reckon with is the possibility of landing in hellfire. Numerous secularists and even a good number of Christians cast doubts on the issue. Doctors in an American hospital have concluded that its not safe to die in light of patients shouting that they are descending into hellfire. It is a sobering reality that majority of mankind has landed there and teeming masses continue to do so on a daily basis.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in such supersticious mumbo jumbo.

hades_leae and Keith H. like this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that heaven & hell just like this supposed invisible christian god are total bullshit. No, it does not worry me at all.
    Keith.

hades_leae likes this.
  4. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Eh, Hell doesn't worry me. I'm not religious in the slightest. Rather, I believe more in the the existentialist view of Hell being other people ("No Exit" by Jean Paul Sartre).

5. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in heaven and hell. Heaven and hell is escapist's notion.There is no such thing as heaven and hell. I believe in Karma, if we do good karma this earth will become heaven for us, if we do bad karma this earth becomes a hell for us. The result of karma may be apparent in this life as well as in another life cycle.

6. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Hell. I don't really believe in heaven and hell. It just feel silly to even think it's real, same goes to heaven. If it exist, where is it located? Has anyone ever really had first hand encounter in hell, came back to life and narrate their experience? I think when i was younger, i did believe in these things but now i know better.

7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, I do not think about heaven or hell. I am not intelligent enough either to accept it or say it is a fiction we created to comfort or fright ourselves or others, whatever. I am not a type of a person who is afraid in general and especially not from physical pain. If we take that hell is real why would we be scared of it? We are scared of dying but to get to hell you need to die so that is quite a paradox right there. Nonetheless, It may be the eternal pain and suffer but eventually if you feel the pain that means you are alive and therefore you will try to find a ways to get over the pain. I don't know about that physical part. It doesn't seem like a big deal.

8. amonda

amonda New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Seeing that I am a christian, I do believe in the existence of heaven and hell, but I believe that it is more than just a physical place, it is also a spiritual state of being.

9. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Well, this makes for a really interesting question. I have to say, this is probably one of the most unique posts I've come across in a forum. I am not scared of hell. I don't believe in hell and if there were a God, I don't believe that he would condemn anyone to something so horrendous for eternity. Eternity is infinite and seems a bit unfair to those that make simple mistakes in the world. I also don't agree with every sin that can condemn a person to hell. There are a good handful of people that believe homosexuality will condemn a person to hell, which just seems silly to me. If God is all knowing and sees the plan ahead of us, he'd know what our sexuality is, would he not? This is why I can't buy into the whole Heaven and hell thing. It just seems so incredibly silly.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I am not afraid of hell. I am not contesting whether it exists or not but I heard so much about it and even after all of that I don't know if anyone is sure of what they are talking about. Therefore, I will not be overly fearful of the going to hell scenario, whatever may come just let it be.

11. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    Setting aside the idea of what eternity my be like, I can attest that life can become hell. If you find yourself walking through a living hell, my best advice is to keep walking, keep moving, keep trying, until you work your way out of it. Just because there seems like no hope right now, does not mean things will not better. Keep going, keep going, keep trying...

12. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    If you aren't doing anything to change hell on earth, obviously you aren't scared enough.
    No one deserves Heaven after death who has not tried to create it on earth while among the living.

13. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I personally am not sure that there is a hell, all I can say that I will live to the best of my ability to avoid any repercussions in the afterlife. All that I can say is that I hope that there is a Heaven. If for Heaven to exist, hell has to exist then I will say Yes, I believe in Hell. If Hell resembles any of the descriptions you hear about it then I am scared of Hell.

14. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I do not believe in a hell with flames. If there is hell, it is seperation from God. I do not believe I will be going to hell.

15. RichE8475

RichE8475 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    This is a subject that I do not normally involve myself with. The reason I say that is; if I ever happen to pass away, then whatever happens to me will be between me and God (if he actually exists). I was raised in a Pentecostal family, and from the womb I was taught 'Heaven and Hell'. There are so many nights as a child that I was scared to go to sleep, because of the nightmares I would have. Many times as an adult I would ask myself, "Is there really a Heaven or a Hell?" I have, also, been to other denominations, and have heard stories; such as, Hell is a place that is catered to your sin. Whether or not there is a Hell, I pray that I have lived my life the best way that I could. No one person will ever really know what comes next, and wont know until it is 'their' time. I, even now writing this, ponder the question of Hell?? Heaven?? I suppose I can only imagine and speculate what I want.

16. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Life is hell if you fail to make it heaven. Don't be afraid just do everything you can to change it.

17. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    I actually would be fine with hell if it did exist, but according to the hell that I saw in the movie "Little Nicky", with Adam Sandler. It seems really interesting, they get to come back to earth as immortals and be evil if they want to. Screw things up, mess with people, at least I'm immortal. In heaven your supposed to praise the lord, and try to be perfect I guess, in hell you get to do what you want. I don't really know, I'm assuming, but not making fun of.