Are Zoom Conferences Safe ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    As I've always stated in any others places, as a rule of thumb, If you still in need to ask that line of question, than you are not safe from anyone including from run of the mill cyber criminal. However if you start asking about implementation of very specific method in technical forum then you just might be in business.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

That's too topical a method.

Key people do not use the web.

The use personal meetings and also sometimes couriers.

The model being used was made famous by the US President during most of WWII: FDR.

At his meetings, no notes were allowed. No recording devices or photos of anything....

The web is like semophore flags and lanterns. They have value for basic matters. It then stops.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Then you are absolutely not safe (extremely vulnerable) from anyone in the internet. You might as well stop using it entirely if you could (of which you can't, in fact no one could)

Might wanna sticking to something that you do have working experience with rather than drawing B rated movie kind of conclusion by reading it from some bogus news outlet (particularly the political kind)

Next... earth is flat yaaaayyy

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont agree that we cant live without the internet, I know plenty of people who cant leave it alone but we lived very well before the internet was invented and we will live very well after it is no more(post SHTF). its just a tool like anything else.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Since I wrote something different, you are not correct in what you wrote in reply.

The web does have value for basic matters. It is ideal for processing large quantities of services and goods - think of IATA and ICAO - It is ideal for speed of transmissions.

"Absolutely" does not exist. Read "The Naked and the Dead" by Norman Mailer.

Work with strategic systems, nuclear, or energency supplies and afterward you will understand the deficiencies of the web, at least, as of now.

What news outlets are and are not bogus ? Do you determine this or does a non-bogus rating agency determine this ?

When's the next SST Concorde flight ? Some state of the art tech was placed in abeyance for later times. Review the vessel N.S. Savannah. What are the global issues of today ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Unless you could manage to stay alive without doing any kind of commerce activity (buying / selling something legit)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    When someone believe that a chicken is a duck, or a cat is a dog just because he / she never knew what does chicken, duck, dog, or cat look like. And just took someone else words at face value

Harris win the US presidential election and just waiting to be inaugurate?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    re: The internet as a tool.

I have some tools that are for light jobs. I wouldn't keep these in my truck.

As to the making of agreements: When there existed honor in society and a deal needed to be struck between two agencies, men representing these parties would meet face to face and shake hands on the matter. It is always good to put the particulars to paper; however the shaking of hands was the spiritual contract.

In our day and age, absulutely nothing is sacred. People acting without h0nor are forgiven. In times past, such individuals were permanently banished from society.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I find it darkly amusing how people become addicted to their computer phones!

(I have disaster stories concerning the too high of dependence on technology. Great for daily operations; deadly when used for safety purposes. One story is funny; however, it cost the industry hundreds of thousands of dollars on lost production, i.e. not funny for them.)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Varuna,

The US Presidental election a "global ISSUE" ?!

Global issues are, for example, energy access and supplies, health care, public safety; no war nor terrorism.

I do believe the web has basic uses.

I don't understand why you told Forum Members that you plan to purchase some software in Singapore with cash only.

Why not use the web ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I would to God that the president of the USA were of little importance.

Constitutionally, the prez is the chief executive officer (of the exec branch). The exec branch is counterbalanced by the Judiciary and state reps (senate and house).

The Prez is but one-third of the mix and it should stay that way. Our Founding Fathers loathed the very concept of royalty, worse yet the "divine right of kings" (what sh## that!).

In times of war the prez gets to be the Commander in Chief of the armies brought central from the individual states (thus by state approvals). If the prez wishes to start a war, the senate can tell him to go fly a kite.

Real Americans are not followers. When I see someone toady-up to some official, it is all I can do to suppress my gag reflex. I din't expect much out of this Trump. I voted against low-breed Hilary. Trump has, however, upheld the U.S. Constitution; I like that. Sure he's corrupt -- they all are. I have little faith in government. Occasionally government gets something right. If the gov goes bad, it's up to the people to rectify such by any means necessary. Were Tommy (Jefferson) with us today, he'd be organizing armed citizens to overthrow this behemoth government that is oozing purulent dictates every which way.

In sum: The U.S. president should not be anything uppermost in the minds of the world's leaders.

George (that Washington fellow) told his nation to keep its nose out of the business of other nations. Were we to dig-up George's earthly remains, I think we would find his clothing tattered for having been spun 'round so many times in reaction to what this nation has become.

I pray that George and Tommy haven't been watching ... especially of late.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Its a problem in your world is it not? In my world (earth plane of existence) the real issue is CLIMATE CHANGE!

Because the seller are mostly racist son of the bitch who only do business with another fellow master race (漢族). Buying anything from them without being part of this master race would require me to bring cash upfront and half barking on their face

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

You are saying and illustrating my theme in re Zoom and much else about the web.

"Trust but verify" President Ronald Reagan.

Singapore purchases and the mentioned "master race" presents danger. Our Forum Member, Duncan of Idaho introduced a term here some months ago: "ring knockers". We Americans also have your mentioned "master race" issues - and dangers. This is why much cannot be said on Zoom conferences and other web use.

There is no "problem" with the US Presidential election. The process, so far, is mechanical and as predictable as the phases of the moon. Foreign nations approach US national elections with the anticipated quasi-neutrality. Much is pro forma. The foreign publics are irrelevant to the US political establishment.

The US is the world's largest debtor nation and also the world's most powerful nation.

The COVID-19 lockdown must not cause large unemployment in the US. The US Vice President nominee, the Attorney General of California, is symbolic. By circumstance, she represents India and Jamaica and has a Jewish husband.

Symbolism and unemployment do not mix well in volatile political environments.

Americans must be prepared for sparks igniting ammo dumps.

Foreign citizens must be prepared for sparks igniting ammo dumps.

It's happened before.

TMT Tactical likes this.