Article; Hovercraft Used In Vietnam War

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Very interesting article. Thanks for the link.

3. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    there was a guy on my lake with one. It made a lot of noise, you could not talk with it half a mile away . Not exactly a stealth vehicle.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Excellent point! hahahahahahahahah
      Story from my uncle, WWII, I think this happed post Battle of the Bulge, likely occurred inside Germany. Uncle was with a crew larger than a company, many men, many steel boats, crossing a river, trying to be stealthy. Oops! BRIGHT full moon, metal boats = clang clang clang, then a soldier accidentally touched off a round. My uncle said that he was sweating bullets; he said that, by rights, the Germans should have wiped them out. Germans didn't fire a shot -- must have been in retreat mode. My uncle and his mates sure didn't know that! They'd already had been through hell (literally, half of their company had been killed, German artillery) and thought that they were going to die that night. When he related the story, he acted like he was back there again. Being quiet is a very good thing under some circumstances.

Old Geezer, Mar 16, 2021