Basic Safety: Washing Hands

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Dec 9, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html

Good morning all,

Per ...

I'm placing this article here as a - safety - matter. Of course, it's a first aid / medical procedure also.

Centers For Disease Control (CDC) article above has a list with a couple of aspects mentioning animals.

Recommend add to list: Wash hands after taking off boots. I've worked in and near fields with livestock and some of the most infectious zoonotic - animal illnesses transferable to humans - and have been the recipient of these germs. It's not pleasant.

TMT Tactical and GateCrasher like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Och wow that is very genius solution from CDC to washing hand to prevent the spread of disease [/s]

Seriously does the American public really need CDC to tell them to wash their hands to prevent the spread of disease? :confused:

It does remind me to buy Dettol Hand Sanitizer, I'm nearly running out of it.

724e602a1c0fd2c3e9967d14db11130c.jpeg

TMT Tactical and GateCrasher like this.
  3. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Not just the public but a problem with health care professionals in hospitals and nursing homes too. Lack of Hand Hygiene Compliance (HHC) is the primary cause of health care acquired infections, and studies have shown compliance rates of only around 50% when they don't know they're being observed. The WHO's "Five Moments" strategy for health care if anyone is interested: https://www.who.int/gpsc/tools/Five_moments/en/ Their recommendation is 40-60 seconds.

varuna and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Re "Seriously ... ... ?";

Gate Crasher clearly explained our situation.

TMT Tactical and varuna like this.