Better Late Than Never

Discussion in 'Pre-1900s Guns and Ammo' started by randyt, Mar 15, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Well almost, my father started making this pistol in the mid 1950's. There is a article in Muzzleblasts from that time frame on the build, I still have that article. He made the lock and bought the barrel and trim. It sat around for years and he gave it to me when I was a kid. I ALMOST have it finished, need a rear sight and a lock tuning and I'll be ready to go. I really need to finish this.

5c1ec7761b087a798a66c28698aab942.jpeg

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Target pistol, 40-45 cal? Good back up whilst you still have caps.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical, Sourdough and randyt like this.
  3. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    thanks, it's a 45 cal. I need to get a rock lock one of these days

TMT Tactical, Sourdough and Keith H. like this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes, the flintlock is certainly a good gun for long term wilderness living. I love flintlocks, pistol & longarms. So versatile & sustainable.
    Keith.

5. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    A northwest trade gun and a squirrel rifle in a flint lock has been on my list for awhile.

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good choices, though given the choice I would go for the Fusil De Chasse over the NW trade gun. But I think the Fusil De Chasse is more expensive. Either way, both are good 20 gauge/.62 caliber smoothbores with 42 inch barrels.
    Keith.

7. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'll have to look into the fusil de chasse