Beware Of Heat Stroke In The Forest

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Corzhens, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    When I was younger, I thought all along that forests, with the abundance of trees are cool inside. The greenery gives me an impression of freshness and coolness. But when I read about a hunter who suffered heat stroke in the forest, that changed the image of the wilderness to me. And then I had the opportunity to go into a real forest. They say that forests, especially the rain forest, are normally cold at night but during the daytime, the ground seems to exude heat. I don’t know if it is true. But nevertheless, it’s a good habit to be aware of the heat in the wilderness to avoid being afflicted with heat stroke.

2. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I think it depends on the forest. Some rain forest with lot of water sources. You'd not be going through heat stroke. instead you'd have other issues. In case of those pine woods type forest, you'd come across some heat and other oxygen issues. As such woods are kind of crowded and often have lot of things to watch out for. That's another reason why I think heat stroke is possible in mostly those type of woods. I agree that one has to watch out their health in such case.