"breakout"; Fighting Back With Solutions To End Inequality

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 9, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Certainly works for me. Get rid of the teachers unions, college tenure. Paid for teaching results, not attendance.

3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Married to a retired teacher and as much as it pains me to say it, teachers unions are a necessity. Well, that leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. The reality is for most areas of the country the unions are the only way good teachers that are willing to buck the system, keep there jobs. If there gone you will see nepotism and favoritism like you have never seen and student test scores will tank. Then they will do as they have before and change the test. Impossible to evaluate how well children are doing when you have nothing to compare to. Since the national test were done away with, it's up to the individual states to make up there own test for evaluation of there systems. Just my opinion.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      We can see how well that has worked out. The good teachers have or are retiring. The union protects the bad teachers now and those that would have spoken out are on their own. The union is not going to buck the system. Hell, even the pedophile teachers are protected and just kill paid time in some teacher day care.

TMT Tactical, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Dale,

The ultimate summary is that the kids are unemployable.

The public school model, local real estate taxes support the schools, is flawed.

The big push is "charter schools", in reality a way for education to leave the public fold.

In the big cities, especially those run by the Dem political machines, besides being unemployable, the kids are enroute to the criminal justice system. At least, this is what we are seeing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree, the system is broken. My wife thinks charter schools are a very good idea and she says Montessori schools would benefit our country far more than the current system. We were very involved in our girls education (public schools), and probably taught them more at home than they got at school. Must have got it right. They both became engineers (different fields).

The system is broken but it starts out at home. My wife's last class had over 50% of her students in single parent homes and many had parents with drug and alcohol addiction problems. Many kids are being raised by the grandparents and about 15% are in foster care. That was in a very rural school system. I think the country is broken.

Dale

6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I to am married to a retired teacher (over 40 years for both; our marriage, and her teaching career). I would agree that Charter Schools or School vouchers would be a preferable way to go. Give the parents the choice of where to send their children. The good schools, and good teachers will flourish, and the bad schools, and bad teachers will die on the vine.

Unions are a complex issue. They have a place in protecting workers, and getting them better wages and working conditions. IMHO they go overboard in protecting behavior that should not be protected, and standing in the way of disciplinary action that should be taken. The same could be said for Police Unions.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In some urban areas, teachers are routinely assaulted and rapes have occurred.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/student-14-raped-killed-maths-7672822

https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2018/02/06/when-students-assault-teachers-effects-can-be.html

Happens in Europe also

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Syria-raped-teacher-Swedish-high-school.html

TMT Tactical likes this.