Brit Electric Workers Isolated To Prevent Covid Infection

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 26, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52384254

Good morning all,

Per ...

Would not this British method of critical skill team isolation also apply to eg submarine crews, medical workers, etc ?

The hospital ship USNS Southern Comfort is returning to Norfolk, Virginia. If the on board medical folks return, go shopping at Walmart, don't get killed from shopping in this area, and report to work in some medical facility, would not there be risks of additional transmission of the COVID infections ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    maybe power workers can "socially distance" but I think medical workers would find it difficult and for submarine crews it would be impossible.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Excellent point, Lonewolf.

I lean toward premier hygiene practices and herd immunity.

The rest just tears into the fabric of society so much the virus infections can be less of a danger than the deteriorating economy and society.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think there has to be a balance between the two, there is no point in opening businesses up again if all the customers die because they are exposed to the virus.
    we still have 2 weeks over here until the lockdown has to be reviewed again, lifting the lockdown could cause the infection rate to sky rocket again with many more deaths, 100,000 people could die if that happens.( the current death toll in the UK is just over 20,000).
    me i'm keeping to lockdown rules even if they are lifted, only going out for food once a week.
    in any case "social distancing" will still have to be enforced for the rest of this year whatever is decided.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Yes, it's a balancing act. However, I see it here as more of a vehicle for political changes - and they are needed - than a public health matter.

Here the virus deaths are mostly those over 70 y.o. and with dangerous other diseases. Those in close contact settings like nursing homes, prisons, large high rise apartment buildings contribute most of the deaths in the COVID tally.

Hygiene is not an American attribute.

Here, neglected from the news and decent analysis are alcoholism and suicide.

The daily reports of national deaths don't mention that a nation of a third of a billion people always had similar numbers.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a vast majority of deaths in the UK seem to be people of Black and Ethnic origin, i'm not sure why. its not only older people who die from this virus, people of all ages including the young have also perished, without a vaccine(and that wont be ready this year) everyone is at risk.
    especially people in big cities where because of the population numbers its easier to catch the virus, out here in the sticks its unreal like watching something on TV- which is what we are indeed doing, the South West of the UK has the lowest number of deaths.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.motherjones.com/coronav...lack-and-latino-californians-at-higher-rates/

Good morning Lonewolf,

The above link sheds some light on the ethnic aspect to this.

Much relates to how "young" people live re diet, alcohol, drug use, getting annual flu shots and overall housing conditions.

Here in Virginia, we had a large outbreak at a nursing home , returning sailors from cramped ship conditions and some LEOs who must deal with the public at intense levels.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, diet, obesity levels, diabetics, drug use, all have a place to play in the survival rates.
    over here deaths in nursing and old peoples home are not included in the numbers as its only people who are taken to hospital that are tested.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In one area of Virginia, two nursing homes tested all of their residents for c19 -- a few patients had gone clinical with this virus. Interesting what has now been discovered; both hospitals had a c19 positive test rate of over 40%. Covid-19 was spreading through these places like a prairie-fire. However, most of these folk were asymptomatic or had mild symptomology. Ladies and gentlemen, most folk in nursing homes are the elderly -- the very ones who theoretically get sick, develop critical respiratory disease, go on respirators, and die no matter what is done for them.

(The above story you will likely NOT find in the news. This comes straight from the health-care providers. "Boots on the ground.")

In these facilities, the virus caused real problems for less than a handful ... of OLD people. These folk, God's Mercy be upon them, all were in nursing home facilities due to pre-existing conditions.

The hospitals in New York City who initially got overwhelmed with patients were adjacent to Chinatown and low-income neighborhoods. I think we all know why Chinatown got slammed. As to low income, it is now well-known that people who are obese and who smoke get dead when this covid comes knocking. If one is eating a starchy low-vitamin diet, their susceptibility to disease goes through the roof. Sure, there are exceptions that truly frighten, such as young healthy people getting knocked down; however, the genetic susceptibility has only started being studied full bore / kick-out-the-stops. However, for the great masses of people, drink your orange juice and eat your veggies.

Maybe take zinc, but watch out, just take that which is recommended because zinc can upset your gut like crazy. Just like iodine. You need iodine (for your thyroid especially), but too much is overtly toxic. Take too much vit. C or B vitamins and you will urinate these water-solubles away -- you have literally pi##ed your money away. Vitamins A and D are oil/fat soluble and are stored in your body -- take too much and these become toxic. You can overdose on vitamins A and D. If you have normal levels of Vit D and your blood calcium & magnesium levels are fine, then your bones are getting what they need and your immune system is getting what it needs.

Decades ago, two airmen stationed in Alaska killed and ate a seal (don't ask me why). Seal meat isn't going to kill you, however these service men ate its liver. Uh-oh! Seal liver has MASSIVE amounts of vit A. Both men had to be hospitalized due to vit A toxicity. Seals eat lots and lots of fish. Fish is good for you. Seals are cute (unless they swarm your boat dock and poop all over the place; and sure, they'll bite you if you mess with them). Stick to chicken and beef liver -- super nutritious, but not at toxic levels.

https://time.com/5815820/data-new-york-low-income-neighborhoods-coronavirus/

Obesity leads to Type II diabetes which makes one vulnerable to c19
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/age-and-obesity-are-biggest-risk-factors-for-covid-19-hospitalization/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As to attempting to isolate certain workers whose jobs are critical to infrastructure such as British electrical workers:

Seems like a good idea ... but what if things go wrong. "Putting all of your eggs in one basket," leaps to mind. Now should Covid-19 or a bad flu strain hit this centralized area, your town is in deep sh##!.

If you are a bombardier, the enemy putting its assets in one concentrated area is a dream come true. Cruise missiles take out the SAM sites, then you stealth-in with the deep penetrating bunker-buster two thousand pounders.

Viruses are mindless yet brilliant game-enders. Covid-19 bad for humans, utterly devastating on economies -- if you let it have its designed way with your country.

Happy thoughts: Me, I'm a curious fellow. Wouldn't it be interesting to turn the power off to a megalopolis for a week or three ... or more! Now there is a psychology experiment that I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near. Even if I were a cop or a member of the National Guard, armed to the teeth, helmet, shield, fire extinguishers to the max, ... still, I wouldn't want to be within 20 miles of that little experiment ... 100 miles? ... no, further; really far far far away. Send photos.

Happy thoughts: The nations of the Earth stop doing business with aggressor China. If China goes full-bore aggressive, let the balloons go up over all Chinese manufacturing areas and military facilities. China, I hope, will bring back memories in the minds of earthlings of how Japan and NAZI Germany got their start in the world-conquest business. I hope the world treats China like the cancer it is. This Covid-19 is an aggression against the people of Earth perpetrated by communist China. We must snap China's spine.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm wondering if these "pods" were there before Covid-19, or if they were purpose built? Just curious.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I doubt they were there before Covid, probably purpose built .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Olde Geezer....

The power is not off in New York and here is what is happening in the big cities now and with power.

Remember what many in the phony leadership tries to imply for the rest of the USA and so too the MSM ....by default..by not allowing any other views or opinions to be heard by Americans.

That New York City is the perfect model for the rest of the American "Herd" to follow.....Kalifornia too!!

What more or better can the rest of the American people and states have to offer better than New York and particularly New York City..???

The rest of you need to shut up and get in line behind New York City....and lick boots.

Here..what is going on in New York City...

This is after what you need to be modeling yourselves...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...rs-new-york-city-during-coronavirus-lockdown/

As Saint Greta would say......"How dare you!!!"

Ishmaelites run wild...

Headed out to do some shopping..now that most daywalkers are at work......and well heeled.......................................

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL lonewolf....

Other than to and fro work...that is pretty much my routine in normal times. Just not that big a social butterfly type.

I submit that this is a big part of the issue...in the big cities wherein many live by the social butterfly non rules...and not by their own abilities..but by social abilities...needs....however artificial they are.

Also in view of the olde folks homes....I am certain that many in the olde folks homes..are the social butterfly type...on the go all the time...running about the cities and towns socializing..high speed...low drag......thus they got it themselves and spread it to the olde folks homes...and to their detriment.

I am certain of this...aren't you!!???

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes I am certain of it.
    I was never one for social interaction due to my upbringing I was always happier with my "own" company, so lockdown dosent change my routine that much.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Lonewolf...

I was speaking tongue in cheek here..

People housed in the Olde Folks Homes tend to be themselves on a type of lockdown...and not high speed/ low drag.

If they got the virus...it was brought in by visitors or staff whom are themselves high speed/low drag..

Not difficult to figure out...but I think no one wants to contemplate this aspect of the Olde Folks Homes....outside of that they are old and have weak immune systems.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Watcherchris,

This is the BIG SUBJECT although kept below the horizon.

Re: "this aspect of the Olde Folks Homes" / "virus ... by visitor or staff";

The Olde Folks Homes are microcosms of other organizations like USN vessels and USMC tactical troop formations.

The implications are tremendous.

The below the horizon studies are going on now. The studies are about planning.

"Saint Greta": LOL ! Love it !

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist,

Wow!!!

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

19. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/def...-calls-to-cut-2-navy-aircraft-carriers-2020-4

Good morning Watcherchris,

Above article generated the howls, screams, etc from East Hartford, Connecticut (Pratt an Whitney), Cincinnati (GE Aviation), Electric Boat at Groton - EB will be OK once they get the contracts to bolt on the remote controls.

No longer a need for the Little Creek / Craney Island frogpersons to need a serrated edge knife.

USMC is still in search of a purpose with expeditionary force missions fading away.

The planning, focus group reviews, and the reinvigorated political will just might be sending retired USN Cpt T into another retirement.

The party's over.

MAGA