British Flooding Info

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Pragmatist, Nov 18, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.netweather.tv/weather-f...vive-what-to-do-in-a-flood-and-how-to-prepare

Good morning all,

Per ...

Summary: "Prepare, Act, Survive".

Must I look up "wellingtons" ?

And stock a couple of extra gallons - imperial, regular size, whatever, ... of a disinfectant like "bleach" (sodium hydro ___) because flood waters transmit all the germs from all over the place.

And rags plus plastic bags for used rags.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't live on a flood plain or on land that is lower than sea level.
    many new houses in the UK are built on flood plains and have to have flood prevention measures put in place, in normal weather this is just about okay but in a really wet winter these can be overtopped and flooding occurs.
    I know a place on the south coast of Devon where in a high tide the water used to come in via the back door of houses and exit via the front, this only happens during a spring tide.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Devon real estate agents and brokers must be a hardy bunch !

Here in the US, Wellington boots are identified as high-quality sturdy boots. I don't think they represent rubber boots here in the upstart colonies.

The US term for rubber boots was once "galoshes" - boots pulled over shoes or boots. The current term for rubber boots is "rubber boots. For my evac kits, I have both just wear the rubber boot type and the pull-over the leather boot type.

In Honk Kong I've heard the Aussies call rubber boots "Gummies" or something sounding similar.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    flooding dosen't happen very often in Devon as its a very hilly county, most of where the flooding does occur is on the south coast, the coastline is higher in north Devon.
    rubber boots have always been called "Wellingtons" after the Duke of the same name.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.