Cabin In The Woods, Squirrel In The Crockpot, 12g Across My Lap- Can You Relate?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by CamoCountryGirl, Jun 23, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    LOL....a little bit of a stretch from the life I am currently living but certainly on my radar. I grew up and was educated in the big city but decided that was not the life for me- moved out west when I was in my 20's to start a small business and carve out a life in the country...it all worked out and here I stand today but boy have I evolved!! I live in the desert southwest and these days I'd rather be in the mountains in the woods- I have a modest off grid travel trailer and love to camp remotely with my 2 hiking dogs.....love wearing camo hunting small game- if it can fit in the crockpot, then lets try it!! I was raised in a very moral military family where I was taught about the value of working hard, earning your way- a fair day's work for a fair days pay! I don't agree with the craziness going on and believe there comes a point where order MUST be restored- we are a country of laws and this politically correct weak hearted approach needs to be canned- .....Unfortunately it seems that most people around me feel differently- so I bite my lip and keep my mouth shut....which leaves me feeling a bit frustrated....hoping to connect with others that love the things I do- camo- wilderness living- small game hunting- survival skills....intelligent conversation..... Log cabins in the woods-

Sourdough, randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Camo,

First, a warm welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find this place to be a rewarding experience.

The craziness is being addressed. Am a member of Team Trump and active in some politics.

FYI, I'm into survival and Prepper skills but cloths are solid colors, mostly black and olive drab. Got some tan shirts. My shack in the woods is on 12 acres with a 1 km road to state road.

MSF.COM is one of the few places where I find intelligent conversation. In re survival/Prepper skills, it is the only place I've found with intelligent conversation.

Again: Welcome !

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply....yea, when not a fan of "The Summer Of Love" ideology sometimes it can be a bit of a lonely road when You haven't found your people....camo is great and I love it, but to each their own! I have always been very frugal...less is more...the survival and live off the land thing is something that I find a challenge...Love the idea...so I am a work in progress...your living situation sounds great....I spent the last 25 years raising and training horses- so my place is a small ranch...great year round weather but hotter than hell right now- 107 degrees....good Lord- I have moved past that....I am looking toward the small rustic "Ma and Pa Kettle" kind of log cabin in the woods where it's cool...against state land....and far from the road or a neighbor....about an hour from Walmart is good....for when I start twitchin' from all the quiet I can go look at all the weirdo's while I pick up a few things....thanks for the welcome!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Been 106 to 108 all week. Hear what you are saying.

5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I can relate to a cabin in the woods, squirrel in a dutch oven and a 12 gauge.

I keep mine here

ea3b7ee445f122f3ed2f60863d14b433.jpeg

or here

ea3b7ee445f122f3ed2f60863d14b433.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    CCG........welcome to this forum.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    CCGirl, howdy. Sounds like you'll have many stories to share. I was raised in the country, but was forced for numerous years to live near urban areas. Born in 1st Eisenhower Administration. This world today does not pass any sort of resemblance to "my day".

I royally no longer fit-in with the "enlightened". Thinking about robbing a stagecoach to retire ... then learned that stagecoaches had be replaced. Just this week, I tried to find the telegraph office. I asked several locals where they'd hid the place. Got looked at funny.

If you ever want to vent about how crazy things have gotten, go for it CCGirl!

Used to hunt squirrel and fish with my mom's dad who was born prior to 1905 in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina; Spruce Pine, NC was the big city for my mountain mom (born the same year as Marilyn Monroe, just prettier). Squirrel gravy, ramps, poke greens, corn bread, streaked meat in the beans, ... you know what I mean.

Most folk here are down-to-earth. We try to shake off the contamination of having had to deal with city "culture".

Welcome, CCGirl.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  8. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:

Hey....definitely like it!! Thanks for the note!! I'm working on the log cabin...gotta get the hec out of this heat....it has served me well....this location has been very kind to me....but things change....now I feel the pull towards something different!!

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  9. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Holy crap....yes...here we go for another season....choking on the smoke of the bighorn fire....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    "ALASKA" needs good ladies.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. CamoCountryGirl

CamoCountryGirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    A tempting idea....but at this point in my life I think I'd rather shoot for something a little more "Kind" as far as climate....I'm not sure that I would want to go from one climate extreme to another....but then, I guess it depends on how sweet the deal appears if it were ever to present itself in my "Scope".....lol

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually I am not sure people can even move here till the Covid-19 thing is over. It has been in the 70's and 80's till today cooled off a little.

TMT Tactical likes this.