Calling all first responders and safety GURU's

Discussion in 'Safety' started by TheJim, Jan 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    safety comes in many different forms and fashions in the prepers world. I would like to know besides your normal first aid kit and knowledge of dangerous things to eat/drink what are some of the good old fashioned safety briefs that one would need to survive?

For my contribution I will leave this.
    Firearms safety 101:
    #1: every firearm is loaded or should be treated as such!

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    assume every body else is an idiot.:p because in an emergency event they will be!

TheJim likes this.
  3. Dave3006

Dave3006 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Good assumption, lonewolf. That is why I have been teaching my 2 boys since they were little (tracking skills was a big one for them at an early age). Now they are grown. One son will go with me and explore for a few days. The other sun is married and in the Air Force and doesn't get the chance. I'm not sure if he would really like to do that.

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have been "people watching" for over 30 years, and I have come to the conclusion most of the (modern) population are stupid.

TheJim likes this.
  5. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Lol @ wolf

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    @ or with?

7. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully with...but if at...I'm ok with that as well..and for me that's not a dig...I try and make folks laugh at me...just my personality..

8. Charles R. Stevens

Charles R. Stevens Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    80% of folks panic. To overcome this the military, lawenforcement and emergency services drill skill sets. When peaple panic they tend to fall back on their training. Training like this is parishible, so once and done dose not apply.
    As to safty advice, slow and steady. If you get hurt you are screwed, and very well may screw your companions. When a fire fighter gets hurt, every one shifts to recusing him/her. For police and military peaple put themselves in harms way to pull your @$$ out of the fire. Solo, your ability to feed, hydrate and maintain core temp may be severely compromised. So go slow, think and evaluate your situation. Yes a hog may be a lot of meat, but armed only with your Rambo knife is it worth the risk?

9. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    :) me have Rambo knife = me have spear....me kill piggy.... Mm mm bacon! :)

10. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    True, lol. If you don't become one of the heroes that they sing sagas about...

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    sagas are alright by me, we are all mortal, you don't get out of this life alive.

12. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    True enugh, but then again that is the opposit of "survival" lol

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I meant at the end of one's life.
    having a saga written about oneself isn't a bad way to be remembered.

14. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    No, not at all. But one has to have "friends" to sing them.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    maybe.
    i'm very comfortable on my own.
    I don't understand people these days, the things they do are just crazy, stupid and sometimes downright dangerous.
    give me the woods and fields and no people anytime.

16. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    I know, but unfortunately their are times we need them. Especially when the "stupid" folks come around.
    We no longer live in a world where stupidity is fatal, they live to breed, coupled with the use of birth control by the intelligent we are devolving.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes that is true ....for now.

18. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    Yea, I am having a hard time feeling a 90% die off of Homo sapien sapien wold be a bad thing.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep, clear out the gene pool and start again.

20. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    Well, eliminate the shallow end anyway...

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    get rid of the knuckle draggers and the "lifetime on benefits/never worked" brigade.
    post SHTF if they don't work they don't get fed.

22. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    But, but I want my own pet knuckle dragger! Why can't I have a knuckle dragger Uncle Wolf?!

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you can please yourself Charles:p me, I've lived amongst them too long to want anything to do with them.

24. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    Got relitive a that qualify, lol.

25. Dave3006

Dave3006 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    From a rescue point of view, the most important person in a rescue is ME. I can not become a victim when trying to rescue someone else. It is hard for some to get that mindset. It's even harder when they become a victim and we have 2 to take care of now. Before going into rescue, your planning has to be ingrained and you think about it before jumping in. I think Charles said to slowdown. There may be some times when speed is of the essence.

Short story: We were in a rescue situation where a guy went into a tunnel and then couldn't go further, nor come back. He had panicked and was hyperventilating which was expanding his chest. I was first to him. I could tell he was panicked and I tried to calm him. Then tried to pull him out with no luck. The next thing I did was to tell him how bad it was and he would probably die in there. He hyperventilated until he passed out. Then he started breathing right, the chest back to normal size, and we pulled him out.

In training, I would yell who is the most important person in here. The correct answer at the top of your voice was "ME!!!"

26. Charles R. Stevens

38/47

Blog Posts:
    Slowing down is more about your thinking, not hesitating. Work with a purpose but don't leave any "I's" in dotted or "T's" incrossed.

27. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Only time i go to city is for a concert or sport game once in awhile a doc date at va in pittsburg my life is quiet hunting season once in awhile the upheres give me a laugh when one gets lost the law calls me first me and my dog have found 8 so far im not a big group person so i limit my time around them safety be ready at all times

28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I lived in a city for 43 years, I have no reason and no inclination to ever go there again.
    my life now is rural and will remain so for the rest of my life.
    I have very little to do with other people, I prefer animals to people, WTSHTF i'm more likely to take in a stray dog than I would a stray person:D

29. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes for the last two decades I have witnessed "STUPID" develop into a full blown "PANDEMIC" !

And it knows no bounds, it is literally everywhere now, way past critical mass and fully self sustaining!
    Only possible outcome is self destruction same as a cancer!

And preppers/survivalists are not immune! most are just as stupid as the sheeple! lots more delusional though!

To the admin! is it possible to get a scenario development section?