Can/will Iran Nuke The United States? (now W/poll)

Discussion in 'Nuclear War' started by xXKillgoreXx, Jan 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Can/will Iran Nuke the United States?

1. Iran can and will carry out a nuclear strike.

2. Iran could but will not carry out a nuclear strike.

3. Iran cannot and will not carry out a nuclear strike.

4. The United States will nuke Iran before the 2020 election.

5. The United States will nuke Iran after the 2020 election.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xXKillgoreXx

xXKillgoreXx New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    The elimination of Soleimani seems to have very quickly escalated the possibility of war with Iran. One point that I've heard repeated quite a few times now is that the Iranian's are normally calculated in their response because they are at all cost trying to avoid open conflict with the US to preserve their state. What are the odds that we are wrong about this and that the Iranians could put a catastrophic event into motion in an attempt to land a knockout nuclear blow now?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Always a chance but very, very slim chance that Iran will provoke open conflict. Their only power has been the U.S.A.'s weak responses in the past. Now they face Iraqi style wipe out, only we will not help them rebuild like Iraq. This time we just lave a hole in the desert.

3. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I imagine they could if they wanted to badly enough, since nukes can be purchased.

I don't believe they will though, because to do so would mean the annihilation of their country.

I expect they will continue with the same tactics they have used for the last 40 years, but now will pay a heavier price each time. (As long as Trump is in charge anyway)

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning xXKillgoreXx (Hope I got the Xs right),

A catastrophic event from Iran ?!

You've already received the current Great Power thinking in posts from TMT and Snyper.

A large (much of it) part of Iran's oil and gas fields are now China "owned" - long term contracts - for development by China. That's why China built the oil and gas port at Gwadar, Pakistan for pipeline connections to China.

The US and PRC won't allow the barbarians to stop the oil and gas supplies. The implementing matters are ready for activation.

TMT Tactical and xXKillgoreXx like this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    For whatever it is worth , yesterday some supposedly expert in front of the cameras , said Iran could build their own nuclear bomb within the next seven months . Getting it into position for detonation would be another matter . My personal opinion on it though is they will mess up sooner than that and they will be back riding camels before the year 2020 is done .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

I agree completely.

Plus, appreciated reading " 'supposedly' expert".

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Wow!!!!

We are talking about at least two nuclear powers here ...the United States and Israel. Perhaps more nuclear armed nations...with serious delivery systems.

Some of you may want to rethink this.

My Non Iahmaekite .02,
    Warcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There is no indication that Iran has a functioning bomb and then no way to deliver it if they got one. About the best that they could do would be a dirty bomb where they incased a conventional bomb with their low-grade uranium in a powder form that would contaminate a large area.

I may be wrong but I don't think that their leadership is suicidal. They may be big on talking followers into strapping on a bomb and blowing themselves up but they aren't going to do it. If they WERE to nuke the US we would slag their country and nothing would stop us until every one of their leaders was dead. We would probably do them the way we did Saddam Husein and catch them and then let their own people hang them.

Their most probable option will be to get a bunch of Saudi extremists to attach us again. That way they will have plausible deniability.

9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm.

LOL ! "plausible deniability"

Once there is a hint of an attack on the US, Teheran to the holy city of Qom (nuc facilities below city) will be a glass corridor.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't say that we would go for it but then I don't think that they are the sharpest folks in the world to start out with. The hit a base in Iraq. that is actually a fair response. Hell lets both just blow Iraq to pieces. That will allow us both to get our war on without having OUR homelands attacked. We have put way more into Iraqi freedom than they deserve or wanted.

TMT Tactical and xXKillgoreXx like this.