Can You Eat Crow?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by branchd77, Oct 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure crow probably tastes terrible but does anyone have any experience eating it? Is it safe?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    yes you can and no I haven't.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Master Survivalist
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I imaging that a crow would taste about the same as most birds that are neither predatory or scavengers. Vultures you can't eat and I've read that most predatory birds are not worth eating. I wonder exactly what birds the "4 and 20 blackbirds baked into a pie" referred to?

4. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Ive had crow. Fry it on low temp in a skillet with butter, onion, bacon. Add cider, full cream and salt+pepper. Not bad at all.
    They use their muscles and therefor has more bloodflow through the tissues than chicken, so more iron in the flavour than say chicken.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    "Eating Crow" has I believe other meanings?:p

6. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
  7. Bishop

Bishop Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Crow is very good stand on there wings pull there legs and the legs with the breast will come out cut the breast off put a slice of jalapeno pepper with a piece of wrapped bacon on the grill and eat after the bacon was done

8. Billy02

Billy02 Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I have never tried but as the other say, its eatable, so you can try.

9. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    As with anything that eats carrion it needs to be well cooked but there is nothing toxic or poisonous about the meat from crows. In a tight spot I would cheerfully eat any of the corvids but pigeon is much easier for me to find and shoot.

10. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    we do have crows in this area but wood pigeons are more abundant, they come into the garden here as we feed all the birds.