Cars That Run On Wood Fire

Discussion in 'All Resources About Fire' started by arctic bill, Aug 23, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    The operating principle is remarkably simple: by burning a barrel of wood or coal until it develops a core temperature of between 900° and 1,200°C (1,650° and 2,200°F), then restricting the fire's supply of air, gasifiers produce flammable carbon monoxide that can be cooled, filtered, and delivered directly to a normal ..

[​IMG]

Wood can be used to power cars with ordinary internal combustion engines if a wood gasifier is attached. This was quite popular during World War II in several European, African and Asian countries, because the war prevented easy and cost-effective access to oil.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    Imagine if the end does come and you can do this, you would be considered a hero.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Let's face it, good'ol'boys can jerry-rig just about anything.

Poverty + welding skills + wiring skills + you-name-it skills = Survival

Born into a world of "do it yourself or it won't get done" makes for some interesting people.

upload_2021-8-23_18-52-13.png

TMT Tactical likes this.