China / India Conflict

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Old Geezer, Jun 16, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://jacolbybledsoe.com/2020/06/...ns-deadly-for-first-time-in-decades-cbs-news/

India has lost some soldiers to a border tiff. China sends a message. Green tracers and whatnot.

We perpetually read that India and Pakistan are having some fatal run-ins with each other in the Kashmir. This time it is the India-China border getting a visit from the Grim Reaper.

Ultimately, China wishes to push down to the Indian Ocean. So far, things have been going China's way, for they have successfully bought-off Nepal and Bangladesh.

Here's the military reasoning:

https://tidesacademy.com/indias-response-to-chinas-string-of-pearls/

Warning: If you read the Wiki propaganda piece concerning the "string of pearls" you could become overcome with nausea. Wiki gets down on its hands and knees crawls to their Chinese Communist gods and performs sycophantic acts that should be rated X. Protect your stomach, beware!

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sino-India war of 1962:

https://www.indiatoday.in/education...ory/india-china-war-of-1962-839077-2016-11-21

97cee8acdd9832fbd945625120cf8a27.jpeg

Witness this noble soldier and his Enfield. A bit war-worn his rifle, but as God as my witness, I'd not want to be an opponent downrange of him and his rifle.

I once some decades ago had a most pleasant friendship with a Sikh fellow. So much fun we had out blasting-away ammunition at the rifle ranges! One of the firearms I helped him acquire was an engraved Belgium Browning over-under 12 ga. Unfortunately its furniture had been mutilated to accommodate some tasteless trap-shooter -- the acquisition of said beauteous beast was due to the passing of that tasteless man's soul to wherever. At this estate sale, I found the diamond in the rough and advised my friend of its latent value. He got it for a song, $350 U.S..

The bores of both barrels were excellent and the mechanism actions perfect (extracted unfired cartridge, ejected spent casing upon opening). I told my Sikh friend about a master craftsman of firearm stocks residing in a nearby community. He hooked up with the craftsman and the resulting shotgun and its prime wood grain furniture was a work of art, sublimity writ large. I was gobsmacked when first witnessing this work of art upon completion. I am very rarely struck breathless, however this vision was a bit overwhelming.

Whatever he paid for the stock and its perfect finish & fit is meaningless (though I do believe that he had less than $900 in it, all told; maybe only $800).

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Though political leaders on both sides have said they don't want to stoke tensions possibly leading to outbreak of war, Chinese state media CCTV announced military drills designed as a 'show of force'. RT Arabic subsequently republished video of the undated exercises near the Line of Actual Control."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...-drills-near-indian-border-after-deadly-clash

"While there's been reports of a rapid cooling of the situation, stationing tanks near the border doesn't suggest a lasting deescalation is on the horizon."

TMT Tactical likes this.