Cold Here On The Chesapeake Bay...

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Dec 24, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Was cold and windy here on the Chesapeake Bay yesterday. Today the wind has subsided but the cold still lingers.

The Electricity kept going in and out yesterday and in the evening it went out for hours and finally came on about 11:15 pm.

I was about to break out the generator and get it running/plug it in when the electricity came back on. The heater also quit, and it was getting cold.....

Will stay cold tomorrow but the wind has greatly subsided..thank goodness.

I ran my olde oil type lamps which something told me to keep around all these years.....and I am glad I did. I do not often use them but keep several around...and spare oil as needed.
    When the electricity goes out at night ....you are glad for any light source you can get.

Kept my Baofeng VHF/UHF walkie talkies around ...not only for the radio function but also because they have a built in light source..as well as an FM radio...to work in receiving on the FM broadcasting bands..

The built in light came in handy though I always try to keep on me a mag lite and spare batteries.

I keep several Baofeng VHF/UHF walkie talkies around here.....they are inexpensive.

We do not need snow around here as so many here cannot drive in the rain. When it snows, they get even dumber.....if one can believe that is possible!!!

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This is definitely a hot coffee, cocoa, hot soup, or chili weather.

Staying close to home.....

Watcherchris
    Not and Ishnaelite.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Bein' up Buffalo way be bad monn! Iz best be away don't'cha'know! Rasta Geezer, blessings!

upload_2022-12-24_23-19-50.png Tell you what, me, I be stayin' way sout dey snow. Not fo' rasta any soul. Blessings.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Dec 25, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Dec 25, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Olde Geezer.....

Many years ago...I got me an education in what some call...Lake Effect Snow...coming down across Lake Erie in February.

We were traveling from Bangor, Maine to Kalifornia ....and then on to Japan in my Fathers military service..

I was astonished at how much snow and wind come across that lake..on a interstate highway which parallels that lake from east to west...
    As I recall it was highway 90 coming out of Buffalo..going to Cleveland...but the weather was horrible coming across the lake and the wind driven snow was so bad it was collecting on the windshield wipers of our vehicle and weighting them down...clogging them up. My Mother finally put her foot down in fear and made my Dad pull over into a Motel for the night.

The next day ..I was astonished at how many cars and semis were covered in deep snow and on the sides of the road and in the medium.

I never forgot that...and we had lived up north in Bangor, Maine for a year....and thought we knew what bad snow was like.

Lessons Learned....don't disrespect Mother Nature.....she can be a pure ......you know what!!!??

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I hope you and yours are coping with this cold spell, stay safe and best wishes. Hopefully it will warm up very soon.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes..thanks Ystranc...it is still cold......but the wind had died down...thank goodness..

Now planning to get on with some of the labors I had been planning but dressing warm....

And best wishes to you and your house...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.