Combat Tactics For The Newbie

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by randyt, Sep 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    When you operate inside hostile territory your most valuable survival aspect is "Stealth" this translate into leaving as little amount of trace that can be use to pinpoint your movement. In practice this mean you don't scavenging for food although scavenging food in the wilderness is fun activity to break the monotone during normal patrol such luxury isn't available when operating deep inside hostile territory.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Dalewick
      Your right. When operating in hostile areas, noise, light and trash discipline are essential. Remain unseen and untraceable and you remain alive.

Dalewick, Oct 23, 2019
      varuna likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    why would any civilian prepper be operating inside "enemy" territory and just who are these enemies?

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and Justo like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    talk of combat tactics to an out and out newbie will probably have them running out screaming into the night! which is why many newbie's don't last long on forums.
    too many preppers think post SHTF life is going to be one big firefight after another, well it might be if one is unfortunate enough to live in the middle of a big city, but even there it will be short lived as the numbers become less and less.
    post SHTF life needs to be centred around putting food on the table, if someone cant do that then they wont be around long enough to do the rest.

4. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    be alert, be aware and watch your topknot.

I agree with Lone wolf on this, I don't think there is going to be one big firefight after another.

Part of my original post was in regards to gang bangers knowing and using military training and tactics. Most folks think the gangs will be a push over, I'm not so sure.

I read just the other day that the Mexican drug cartel took on the Mexican military and beat them.

5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna and Justo,

Re "operate inside hostile territory, ... 'Stealth'...";

Not always; not as a rule. It depends on the mission, the assignment.

I served in artillery recon inside hostile territory - Parot's Beak area of Vietnam next to Cambodia. Our location was usually known by the enemy. The VC would evaluate one of our artillery round's ground burst. The angle of impact coupled to them doing map intersections and resections and our location was known more accurately and faster than our battalion HQ knew.

I am here writing this because of the 5 Fate sisters or other reasons beyond my grasp.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Part 2;

I omitted much on purpose.

"They" - VC and PAVN were really sophisticated and not just some farmers with web gear and AKs.

The US is in worse shape now. Maxwell Taylor and William Westmoreland (he ran for Governor of South Carolina) along with the political establishment created a mess for us.

7. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeach jungle warfare tend to came with more surprised than any warfare fought at more open ground. But at least you made it out in one piece.

8. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    randyt, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  10. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    this is true but when the cartel meets the US armed services they will realize their mistake.

It was before my time but Black Jack Pershing chased Pancho around Mexico for awhile.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019