Cougars Yellowstone Np With The Plague

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Blitz, Apr 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.livescience.com/cougars...AIrjmBL0KO1U7BXmr4yKYgfhUjFfy4HaYyzHF0hGFiiiG

I had to laugh when the article made the statement that there was zero risk of people getting the plague from the cougars. "The average person has essentially zero possibility of contracting plague from a mountain lion,"

Further on in the article, they gave a link regarding a boy scout who contracted the plague in 2008. " ... sick mountain lions could serve as a useful barometer, indicating when plague is active in the region, he said. In fact, a Boy Scout became infected with plague in the Teton area in 2008, during the course of the study, the researchers learned."

I'm not suggesting there's any reason to think there will be an abundance of people catching the plague from these cougars. The reporting just made me laugh.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    2009128174423_Cougar-4.jpg I think that if you get to close to one the Plague will be the least of your worries..

Caribou, TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Great picture! Hahahahaha! Yes, good point!

I believe the fleas they carry are the problem, rather than the actual Cougars though. I know they multiply at a shocking rate but think you'd have to be pretty unlucky to actually be in the area and get bitten by them.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      One would imagine that scratching oneself would be preferable to being scratched by kitty, yet you never know.

Old Geezer, Apr 11, 2020
      Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    And then there is the possibility of a person surviving being mauled by a big kitty, only to die of the virus he contracted from this precious furry animal.

The mind wanders ... oh, there's the matter of there being other species of cougar.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cougar

upload_2020-4-11_14-59-47.png

TMT Tactical likes this.