Current Briefing On Corona Virus

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 24, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    3p5b59.jpg 3p5b59.jpg I found a simple way to thin down the lines while shopping..

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    with 7 BILLION on the planet 80 million would be just a fraction, it would give the rest of us a bit of breathing space though.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    8,000 Californians under self imposed quarantine --- South Korea locks down city of 2.5 million people --- source zero hedge .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    One should always prepare for "the worst" as much as possible.

Predictions are irrelevant in many situations unless it's something that can actually be predicted like hurricanes, flooding or the spreading of fires.

Prepping remains basically the same no matter what the "event".
    Only minor details vary.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually I would imagine that my chances of it killing me would be higher than that if I had to depend on socialized medicine. I have issues. Fortunately I have a full medical staff taking care of me.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Coming over my truck radio , a dog has now been tested positive for the corona virus . They are presently retesting for confirmation as they are hoping the test was somehow compromised . Guys if this is now beginning to spread through animals I can not overstate how grave a turn this has taken . The human inhabitants of the planet likely could not stop the spread as it jumps from animal to human or human to animal . Just eating meat could become a issue .

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Rebecca likes this.
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    While they already suspect it is a zoonotic disease and jumped from an unconfirmed species of wildlife to humans, isn't it really rare for viruses to then pass back to animals from people? especially a completely different species?

I shall really hope they were wrong and the dog does not have COVID -19! Too many very bad implications if that's true.

poltiregist and Sourdough like this.
  8. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the jump is easier, if someone from the bio-warfare laboratory, was selling the dead lab test animals to the wet market place for human consumption.

poltiregist and Rebecca like this.
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    howler and poltiregist like this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As bad as 80 million sounds you do realize that that is only a little over 1% of the people.

The guy from WHO that predicted the 80 million probably then offered that if we would give them an unlimited budget they could fix it. There is always big money tied to bad news.

11. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Of course, it's less about microbiology and epidemics/pandemics and more so about $$$$$$.

The world's headaches are world trade issues, mass health care delivery, terrorism, "mini-wars", urban infrastructure rehab and along comes WHO Dir Ted with a nominal-cost solution. The fix is in.

Without even addressing our WWI influenza losses, WWI military/civilian killed ~ 20-22 million lost.

The bleak sky over Hubei Province has a platinum lining for WHO.

cc: former Chicago mayor Rambo Emanuel, M.D. ("never let a ...")

12. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    my brother is in the Philippines, been there for six weeks or so. When he gets back, I won't be visiting for awhile.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed COVID-19, has led to more than 75,000 illnesses and 2,000 deaths, primarily in mainland China. But, that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 26 million illnesses, 250,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The Coronavirus is not really any worse than the flu that is already here. The huge problem in China is NOT as much the Virus as it is the near lack of REAL medical care as we have in the West. Not enough Doctors, not enough hospitals or hospital beds. They can't even go to a drug store and buy the multitude of nonprescription drugs that we so take for granted.

You are MANY MANY times more likely to catch and die from a good old American Flu than you are from the Chinese coronavirus. Don't let the media and the idiots scare you into a foolish panic.

14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Another side effect of the virus is emerging . Food shortages are already being seen in some countries . This is coupled with the locust plague that has spread from Africa to China . Droughts in countries such as Australia effecting the world food supply . Some are already hoping central and south America will be able to provide more than usual food output . Whether the southern delta area of the U.S. will even be able to plant this year due to the over abundance of rain is unknown . There was a good video on the food supply threat on " the common sense show " yesterday . I am out this morning planting mustard greens .