Darwin Couple Rescued From Wa Desert. What To Carry With You When Going Bush.

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Keith H., Apr 22, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some really valuable info. I'd not thought about using the spare tire for a winch anchor. Where I live there's almost always trees surrounding plus I've helped winch a Jeep out of dire straights (almost cut a tree down by using it as a pulley wheel) when its sh##-for-brains owner almost slid it down the side of a mountain. I've not given proper consideration to being out in the open when getting stuck (just carry 3/4" 20-ft. sections of Manila rope, an equal length of chain, and a come-along). Where I live is pretty much 180 degrees away from a desert climate.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When I was in the Territory, I was kept pretty busy in the wet season on weekends saving people who got themselves bogged on the buffalo plains. No trees on the Buff plains.
    Keith.

Old Geezer likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    re: Keith H. "plains"

I lived in the American MidWest for a few years (west of the Mississippi). It was flat. It was cold. The only trees were near streams and rivers. I was going nuts. I left. Went back to my mountains.

lonewolf and Keith H. like this.