Death Of Queen Elizabeth Ii

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Max rigger, Sep 8, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    A wonderful woman today joined her much loved husband and yet a sad day for the UK and much of the Commonwealth; she was without doubt a remarkable human being.

The Queen is dead, long live the King

half mast.JPG

Ystranc, Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    tis the end of the second Elizabethan age, we will not see her like again.
    I'm surprisingly more upset than I thought I would be.
    new govt, new king, all within 2 days of each other.

Ystranc, Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Momentous times for some of us.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    King Charles gave his first speech today after a 'walk about' with crowds of people. It was a remarkable speech he delivered flawlessly.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Being an American, I do not accept the concept of royalty.

However, as an America, I do accept the concept of noble souls. Sometimes they were born that way. Sometimes they became that way. Sometimes they were born that way AND became even more yet.

From what I've read of Elizabeth, she was special person. I would mourn for her, yet I am certain that she is in good Hands and continues on with other tasks of great import. In this world, even being born of "royalty", she achieved a certain selflessness, her ego did not wrap her soul in chains -- this is greatly valued in other planes of existence. In the next world there is a transition period when time/space has meaning. Inevitably this will pass.

Seems she was a gem. Gems do not get destroyed -- they are cherished, they are immortal.

"A royal treasure" -- how about that. What wondrous synchronicity.

She set an example of how to live. In this, she fulfilled her Creator's purpose. That is not a semi-precious stone. That is a precious stone. The purpose of this world is to create such wonderments via the tests of unbearable pressure and heat.

Witness Elizabeth. Only the most shallow would consider her gone. This world, yes; the greater universes (plural), NO.

A university professor who is actually open-minded (supremely rare, indeed):

DirtDiva, Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Very well said OG. A great sadness to the U.K. and the rest of the thinking world. She will be greatly missed.

TMT Tactical, Sep 10, 2022
      DirtDiva likes this.
  6. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    He has a hard act to follow though.

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    he had 70 years to prepare for this day.

Brownbear, DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I’m not sure anyone is truly prepared to lose both parents in quick succession, even when in their 70’s…I wish him well

9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I lost my mother, father, and daughter.

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Ystranc
      I’m truly sorry to hear of your losses. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard it is to lose a child

Ystranc, Sep 11, 2022
      DirtDiva likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most of my family are deceased, just a couple of cousins and a half sister left.
    unlike King Charles I have no one to follow me, my line ends with me.

11. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I think the King will slim down the Monarchy and thats not a bad thing in some ways. There is talk of him not moving into Buckingham Palace full time and more of it opened to the public.

Most Americans have no real knowledge of outrhistory/culture/traditions and the almost symbiotic relationship between the RF and the people but the family is a constant in our life, while governments come and go the family is always there, they are our living history sort of thing.

Charles is a good man, intelligent and more socially aware perhaps than his mother. For decades he's banged the environmental drum and climate change (Balmoral is now offgrid due to a hydroelectric generator in the river running through the estate).

My only hope is that he keeps Meghan and Harry at away from involvement in Royal affairs, they are a real danger to the Family. Meghan is a woke magnet and young idiots listen to her proven lies and believe everything she says; she is a real narcissist with an insatiable thirst for fame and $$$$$s at any cost safe in the knowledge that the family will never go public.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it is said Charles intends to reduce the Royal Family down to 7 Working royals, Harry and Meghan are not working royals having buggered off to the States to do their own thing.
    most other countries did away with their royalty long ago, France and Russia for just 2 examples, and so do not understand the difference between the Royal Family and the British govt, many think the Royals run the govt or have something to do with politics, this is of course not the case.

13. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    The King wished the pair well in their new lives in another country so I sincerely hope that means the royal cord is now cut for good.

The rumour mill is in full swing, it looks like Harry was not allowed to fly with the family to Scotland for security reasons i.e. they did not want anything said on the plane ending up on some Netflix show/interview/mag cover.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the family flew up from London, Harry was elsewhere and obviously came from a different direction.

15. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Harry was told not to bring Meghan and was not allowed to fly with them, he had to make his own way which is why he was so late getting there.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, well he was only "the spare", he's not even that now, he's made his bed he can lie in it.
    I think he's got mental health problems.
    as for Meghan she's not even a second rate actress, delusions of grandeur spring to mind.
    why is it when a British Royal marries a Divorced American it ends up with them living abroad away from the Royal Family? Mrs Simpson was bad enough but Meghan has gone out of her way to be obnoxious.

17. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I’ve nothing against Meghan and Harry, I just don’t want to hear how two of the most privileged people in the world are being so hard done by. I blame the media for giving them a soap box to stand tall on and winge at us.

18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If the people of England see their royalty as part of their own family, then I most assuredly understand that.

Just so long as the people do not see them as their betters and submit to "their betters". That would be psychologically unhealthy. Time was in Europe when royalty were "guardians of the faith" and the very next thing to demigods, bad that.

My wife worked with a Dutch lady and that person was utterly smitten by her country's royal family. According to my wife, hers was a bit too close to a religious regard. My wife found the woman's devotion a bit much.

Here in the States, there are magazines for sale that keep up with all that is going on with British royalty. I've worked with several Brits. (And with people from over this tiny little blue planet.)

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I dont know that anyone in Britain sees the RF as part of their own family, but they are part of the fabric of this country, they are what makes Britain Great Britain, nobody does pomp and ceremony like us Brits, and thats what brings in the tourists notably the Americans and the Japanese.
    without the RF this country would be just another boring Republic with a President, and you know who would be lining up first for that job? one Tony Blair, thats who , ugh! no thanks.

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The Queens coffin will be flown from Scotland down to London later today, after a short rest at Buckingham Palace it will be moved to Westminster Hall ( next to the Houses of Parliament) where the coffin will lie in state and the public will be allowed to file past and pay their last respects, the Queens 4 children will stand guard over the coffin, this is known as "the vigil of the prince's".

1. TMT Tactical
      A very sad duty for the children of the Queen.

TMT Tactical, Sep 13, 2022
  21. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I am hearing a lot of counties are thinking about cutting ties with the monarch .
    Over a dozen countries recognized the late monarch as their head of state, including Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Belize, Jamaica, Tuvalu, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. Her death is likely to ignite debate about whether her successor, King Charles III, should fulfill that role. Already, there have been calls for change.

https://time.com/6212004/queen-elizabeth-republicanism-anti-monarchy/

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  22. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    This has been going on for a while, it represents the end of the "commonwealth" which is, effectively, the end of the British empire - not actually such a bad thing.

Ystranc likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    That is their decision, and their decision only.
    I think its a shame if the commonwealth dies along with her majesty as she was the one that nurtured this into being and would have wished it to continue.

Brownbear, Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    just been watching the gun carriage with the coffin on the top travelling from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall, where the Queen will lay in state until the funeral on Monday.
    one has to admit if this country does one thing and does it well its Pomp and Ceremony.
    we are after all the longest continuous democracy in the world, so we've had plenty of time to get it right.

25. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:

"Bags O swag boys, bags O swag"...I've heard that more than once in my life.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not so much this time, it was the slow march and I noticed all hands and arms were by their sides, no swinging of arms, the crowd was very quiet and respectful.

27. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    If you'd served you'd know what I meant, its not all bout swinging arms et al

1. TMT Tactical
      Please explain for us Yanks.

TMT Tactical, Sep 15, 2022
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I never had that privilege but I respect anyone who has served especially those that saw active service, both my father and grandfather served in the 2 world wars, grandfather was at the Somme....and survived.

29. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    "Bags O Swag" comes from Swagger "a very confident and arrogant or self-important gait or manner", its all about putting on a good show, performance, and applies not only to the big more ceremonial events but also in things like a slow march at a funeral.

I've chatted with a couple of old mates who are involved in the coming events, no major parts but doing their bit along with thousands of others.

The queues to see the Queen lying in State reached well over four miles long today, @350 thousand people at any one time and taking up to nine hours to see her...a truly amazing show of love and respect, quite a remarkable event.

30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I met a couple of guys who served in the Falklands War and I have 2 friends to served in NI at the height of "the troubles".
    someone said there are one Million extra people in London to queue up to see the Queens coffin and probably to watch the funeral on Monday, there isnt a vacant room to be had anywhere in the capital and some hotels have increased their prices 300%.
    Russia has said that Putin not being invited to the Queens funeral is "immoral"!! pot calling the kettle black I say. maybe we should invite him then arrest him for war crimes ???

31. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    There are always noises in the background about cutting ties , usually from a disproportionately loud minority of leftists.

32. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Traditions among people run strong.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    A very accurate summary.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Being in the Commonwealth is attractive to smaller nations with more wishing to sign up but countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand will become totally independent and IMO its about time for these developed nations to go their own way.

Leaving is not disrespect but lets be honest they've grown up and need to leave home.

Monday evening my lad and I went into our local (Spanish) town and every bar we walked past had their TVs tuned into the funeral. One waiter said words to the effect "we are very sorry for your loss of your queen and long live your king" which I found very touching. YouTube is full of videos about the Queen, dozens from American youtubers...we've seen a real global event.

Main house here is finished and I'm waiting now on deliveries of furniture...all due today/tomorrow, some from local suppliers, some from Ikea and Amazon...please wish my already aching back good luck ;)

35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    unless they live in New York, grafitti has been found saying "F... The Queen", whats it got to do with these idiots anyway.

36. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Next time I'm in London I'll spray "F**k Biden" in retaliation, leave it to me LW....bloody ungrateful ex-colonist Jonny Foreigner types, how dare they!!!!! they deserve a dam good thrashing. :mad::mad::mad:

Brownbear, lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are thousands upon thousands of Irish far Leftists / communists living in New York. During the Troubles in Ulster, very large sums of money were raised in NY, NY and sent to Ireland to fund the IRA. Know that many are still alive in NY and still holding their hatred towards England for "occupying" Ulster.

Go figure. o_O:confused:

By the by, my ancestors were Ulster Protestants. During the Troubles, I sent no money to the Loyalists. The past is the past.
    I'm known to hold grudges and have a very bad temper; but holy crap, that situation needs to cool off and people get back to their lives.

And huge China wants to invade little Taiwan o_O. Saving face? Gimme a break! That which happened, happened. It's over. Back in the day, China could have been as prosperous as Taiwan had they not formed a mondo machine central government that fed off the people. Big government = Cancer

38. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    One thing 9/11 did that could be looked on as a positive outcome is that once American's had to deal with terrorism at home, funding to the IRA was slashed dramatically, they stopped donating.

lonewolf, Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  39. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe that N.Korea if pushed far enough would attempt to get a nuke into a U.S. port. There are several ports on the US west coast and all are surrounded by large urban areas. A N.Korean missile could be taken-out. N.Korean subs are ancient. Their mini-subs have no significant cruising range. What to do? Get a nuke (disguised as some sort of machinery), loaded in a wooden crate, then loaded into a shipping container. They would have to assemble and package this device in another Asian country for shipment to the USA.

The location of all shipping is satellite-tracked. The N.Koreans could set-off the device whenever the ship reached the desired target area. They would transmit the required code and BOOM.

Clandestine and very tricky, yet if they could pull this off, this would make for a true act of terrorism. The design could be made to look precisely like Russian or a Chinese engineering. Who to blame? And too, N.Korea has a bunch of agents here in the states who could trigger the device.

The device would likely not be powerful enough to torch the city, nevertheless killing a few thousand people and EMP-ing the power grid would result in panic on the part of US civilians. If putting-in in San Diego, the device could do injury to our Pacific Fleet's ships docked there. During a business conference in San Diego while taking a walk near the port, as I sauntered down the sidewalk I could look over and watch sailors lunching on one of the aft decks of an aircraft carrier. They were only 100 meters away. I certainly needed no binoculars.

Then too, we may already have terrorist nukes here. They could be sitting in situ ready to be detonated.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I expected a terrorist nuke a long time ago. The longer that we go without one the lower the possibility is that it will ever happen. Now, those with a nuclear capability are watched like a hawk and all ports of entry are such that importiing either a nuclear device or materials for making one are watched for in microscopic detail.

I actually see some form of biological weapon to be more likely.

41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    something could be brought in on a container ship, container ports cant check every container there isnt enough time.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.