Disney Alerts Viewers: Racism, Sterotypes

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 16, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54566087

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Contemplate: Is not the song "The Yellow Rose of Texas" loaded with lyrics not fit for our society ?

Virginia Governor and later President, Jefferson Davis wrote the term "merciless Indian savages" surely aware the same type of savages were present in the Holy Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, elsewhere.

In 1953 - and even 2019, that badmidton club of D.C. with name used in Peter Pan not considered by many as racist.

I know Prsident Roosevelt called the Japanese with the first 3 letters of word only.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Another BS from BBC. The worse racist, sexist in the movie industry these days is actually Disney. I stop watching anything came out of Disney since The Avenger End Game, even that was pushing the limit because I really love MCU when they first came in 2008. And watching Avengers End Game is my way for closure with the franchise. Thankfully I don't need to pay for any ticket or subscription to watch or store any movies :D:p

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

We have much different perspectives - definitely due to the length of my time line of watching much of this.

It's been years since I watched a movie and admit to no familiarity whatsoever with the Avenger and MCU.

Do you accept that much of social discourse has changed ? I gave an example above about FDR using the first 3 letters of the noun "Japanese" when he spoke and it was acceptable as a matter of routine. Today, it's considered a racial slur.

Related to my FDR comment; His statute somewhere in D.C. no longer has him in his famous pose with a cigarette in a cigarette holder. His wife is no longer displayed wearing any of the fur stoles (like a scarf if I remember how the word was used). "Culture" changes.

I did like the Charlie Chan programs. The real Charlie Chan was a police detective in Honolulu with his famous trademark whip.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The entire social structure in the entire Anglosphere countries has fallen apart already to the point its no longer recognizable. I still remember back when I was strayed at the street of NYC. The police were kind enough to took me back to my hotel. These days most likely they will took me to illegal immigrant detention regardless the amount of money & legit documents I have

Dubbo about Charlie Chan (never heard of it), what I know about Honolulu police detective came from this show

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its all getting a bit silly and hysterical now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't buy that out of Disney or anyone else...

These stereotypes are today still going on and by educated people who should know better..

The Educated enlightened racial profiling going on today is against white people.....White privilege and White Male Privilege.....

It is not only Racism..but Sexism as well.....

It is also not Enlightened ....

Hence I also put no stock in Disney....for anything....

Some of us outgrew Disney years ago....Comic Books too.

As I am often want to say...one has to become educated to become so naturally and giftedly stupid today and not catch onto how demonic it is.

Education is supposed to be a guiding discipline ..for life...not a licenses to become an open officially authorized racist and sexists..

Read about Peggy McIntosh...and White privilege and or White Male Privilege...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_McIntosh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

This stuff is racial "Herding"

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.