Do You Believe In Astrology?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    352d26a9a01bd13e62be9e008bd79f57.jpeg

Astrology is considered a science by many people, but it doesn't seem to be something recognized by many others. Many things are discussed between what is valid / real of what is something silly. The subject is kinda wide and complex, but no one has the final word about it.

What is your opinion?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't have anything to do with it, my concerns are more down to earth.

Ystranc likes this.
  3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, no.

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Astrology is the study of the signs in the stars, and it might or might not be right, depending on how well the person interpreting the signs understands what they are doing, and of course, how likely the event is apt to happen in any case. I don't see it as something that a person needs to know when they are preparing themself to be able to survive.
    There are just a whole lot more important things to learn about the stars than astrology.
    Like studying the sky and learning where the stars are at during the seasons of the year and the times of the night.
    In olden times, mariners navigated pretty much solely by using the star positions and a device called an astrolabe, and to do this they had to completely know about the stars first.
    Even the Bible tells about the wise men being guided by a very bright star to get to Bethlehem; so it was common for just about any traveler to need to know how to judge direction (and time) by studying the sky.
    If you are lost somewhere (maybe in the woods), and have no clue which way will get you back out, you can look at the sun and get a basic idea of which direction is east and west, north and south; but if you know your night sky, then you can use it to help guide you just like those old time sailors used it.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Astronomy and astrology are like chalk and cheese. One is factual study of our place in the universe and the other is mostly a polytheistic explanation of little lights in the night sky peppered with flawed attempts to explain natural phenomenon from a time when the earth was believed to be flat

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    GS AutoTech likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To perdition with all flaky crap. There are real things to get done. Distractions are distractions.

Ystranc and GS AutoTech like this.
  7. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Astrology is another form of mysticism that preys upon the hopes & fears of the weak & uneducated. I personally have only read thru the horoscope columns when I need a good laugh! :rolleyes:
    Astronomy is a completely different topic where real science can be incredibly valuable in TEOTWAWKI

Ystranc likes this.
  8. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member
      90/115

Blog Posts:
    No. Astronomy however, by far and away more fascinating than astrology, is definitely worth it.