Do You Believe In Or Have Experience With Yowies/sasquashes?

Discussion in 'What do you believe? Predictions?' started by Blitz, Jan 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    The area I live in is purportedly an area that has Yowies (as we call them in Aus).

My question is, has anyone had any encounters, or believe they exist, and if so, does this factor at all in your survivalist planning?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    To many people have had run in's with Bigfoot to not believe they are running around...Bigfoot is no real concern of mine right now but a new critter has arrived on scene that will get your attention...Dogmen check out the encounters at dogmen encounters.com on you tube...Two incidents come to mind 1.Is the JBL Ranch in North Utah The 2nd is the incident at the "Land between the lakes" read about them and see what you think...My Avatar is what most victims say they look like...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't even know what they are

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    I think the yowie is aussie for bigfoot..

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Sightings of big creatures in the American wilderness created a folklore.

My view is that the sightings were bears and the occasional human renegade living in isolation to avoid the police - eg train robbers hiding out in the wilderness.

Add the late WWII introduction of "Smokey Bear", the cartoon type character and the environment was set for a larger and refined folklore about strange sightings noted by some large foot prints.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    You really should check out dogman encounters...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Do I believe in them? Yes, I do. Have I ever had an encounter? No. I have not.

JMHO the reports are to numerous to refute; including one very recent one that was alarmingly close to where I live. The only state in the U.S. that has not had a sighting is Hawaii. How many people have gone hunting, and didn't even see the animal they were hunting? If the Sasquatch is a hominid, with some degree of intelligence, again JMHO, it is not the least bit unusual that if it doesn't want to be found you are not going to find it.

Sorry. I missed the last part of your question. No. Sasquatch are not part of my survival planning. When I go into the woods I carry a firearm that will stop the largest predator in the area. If I encounter a Sasquatch that firearm will just have to do. Better yet one of us will flee the scene, and not hurt the other.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm still on the fence about this. There are a lot of sightings where I live but no real physical evidence. We don't have any bears here so the most common explanation is out. I have often wondered if it might be some form of vestigial ancestral memory.

Whatever they are I feel safe in saying that they are not a danger to people. At their worst, they make a little noise and occasionally throw things but in general, they avoid people like the plague. If this wasn't true we would have bodies. At least in Texas, there are too many people that have and carry guns and are willing to use them that anything big and frightening could have much to do with people and not get shot just full of holes.

I also find it troublesome that we can get crystal clear pictures of near-extinct animals but all pictures of this sort of creature are blurry and impossible to make a clear and certain identification possible. I am open-minded to it. I would love to think that there might be one of our hominid cousins that we failed to exterminate but I'm just not sold based on what evedence we have now. I would LOVE to see one for myself.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  9. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The BIGFOOT things in my backyard.

a48ab98f23e9a6b9828461195f72b689.jpeg

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is my old boss the great Alaska aviator, Bob Reeves.......he was 60'something when he harvested this "BIGFOOT". Note the size of Bobs hands in relation to the "BIGFOOT".

a48ab98f23e9a6b9828461195f72b689.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've worked with several Yowies. They were from Germany. They had advanced degrees, gifted engineers, whatever. They didn't shave. They didn't use personal hygiene products. Their aromas bespoke Sasquatchesque olfactory assault force-fields. They just stank. Could buckle the knees of a professional septic tank cleaner at ten paces. They brought their women with them.

"Shave your armpits, Yawina! And hey, I'm gonna throw you some soap. Catch!"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I've seen the photos, saw the videos and apparently heard them, but I don't know if they really do exist or not.

I was having a conversation with my cousin about this and he told me they'd find skeletons. And I'm like, when was the last time you saw a squirrel skeleton or even a bird's for that matter? I reckon you'll pass on by a bird skeleton more than you would a squirrel's. I have yet to see one.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    No, no, and no.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sourdough: You have a good looking blonde like that in your backyard?? No wonder you live out there in the wilderness. When can I move in?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that in your area they are called Orang Pendek. They are just hairy human-shaped primitive hominids that vary quite a lot in size, coloration and personality but seem to be reported all over the world. ???

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe the Orang Pendek is native, if that is the right term, to Sumatra, and it was small.

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yowie is a very large supposed hominid. Varuna, maybe you have heard of Gigantopithecus, a prehistoric ape native to China. Some think that Bigfoot are descendants from these apes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Orang Pendek is indeed small in comparison to the larger kinds of cryptid hominids/ape/cryptids. The hairy wildman actually comes in a variety of sizes and colors. It has been proposed that the larger of these might be descendants from the Gigantopithecus that has shrunk a little in size but evolved somewhat into a more upright and intelligent creature. Conversely, might the Orang Pedek be some form descended from the recently discovered Homo floresiensis known as the Hobit.

There are so many names and places that seem to have these in their folklore and sightings that it is hard to totally write them off.
    Big Foot...USA
    Sasquatch...North America
    Yeti...HimalayanMountains
    Hibagon...Japan
    Mapinquai...Bazil
    Urayuli...Arctic/Alaska
    Batutut...Southeast Asia
    Almas...Central Asia /Mongolia/Russia
    Yowie...Australia
    Orang Pendek...Indonesia

These are but a few that pop to mind. There are more and each local seems to have a variant. They are in colors black, brown, red, blond and white and in sizes from 10 feet to the small men of the forests at 3 or 4 feet tall. They all though are known for their robust build. They are broad, heavily muscled, bipeds and not lanky like a chimp or an orangutan and not shorts legged and slumped over like the gorilla.
    ??????? All questions NO answers...

Might they be ancestral memories from a time when more than one species of "man" walked the earth before Homo Sapiens Sapiens wiped them all out?

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  18. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There is no folklore or equivalent for "big foot" in the UK... I really don't believe it at all.... I lump them into the same category as "the big bad wolf","drop bears" and "the bogeyman"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    as Ystranc says, we don't have any equivalent to "Bigfoot" in the UK, however I do believe that something like this could exist in a country the size of the USA, there has got to be some little corner in the wild where they could have survived and prospered without modern human interference. anyway that's my personal belief.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    The Orang Pendek has been reported all the way since colonial time, and recently were caught on camera running into the jungle carrying around a spear (and published in Youtube). However the local gov't along with cryptid hunter from all around the world has been buzzing the jungle with drones and game cam, but so far no result. The current hypothesis (based upon reported sightings and track print) is they are the remnant of the Homo floresiensis population.

I strongly doubt that Bigfoot is descendant of Gigantopithecus, because the current Orang Utan (both
    Pongo abelii & Pongo pygmaeus) are the descendants (share too many similarity)

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  21. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not really sold on the Gigantopithicus thing either. That was basically a giant gorilla while Bigfoot is very much an upright bipedal sort of creature. The Russian Almas are not so gigantic and sometimes hypothesized t be Neanderthal descendants. I sometimes wonder if all of the big hairy humanoids might just be basically big, ugly, hairy, but basically human. There is no way in hell that I would shoot one that wasn't posing a serious threat to me for that very reason.

One of the people where I live that is studying these sightings is a deputy sheriff and specializes in fingerprint stuff. He has footprint casts that actually show the print patterns of the dermal ridges. The problem other than size is that the patterns are just not any sort of normal human.

http://woodape.org/index.php/about-bigfoot/articles/80-dermal-report

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I have heard that Bigfoot may be Cain from the Bible. You'd have to do your research on that one and YMMV. :D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, and when I was a kid I was told that the descendants of Cain were black. I don't think that bigfoot was ever descended from humans rather if it does exist it is from another branch of the hominid tree altogether. The hypothetical descendants of Cain most likely have interbred with the Descendants of Seth and we are all of very mixed blood.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Can you give us any references to support this idea, it seems a little far fetched but I must admit that my knowledge of the matter amounts to a big fat zero.
    When I was a kid I was told Santa came down the chimney...funny enough our stove had no handle on the inside of the door and the pipe was only 6"....the lie was pretty obvious even at that early stage of life.....kids are often the unwitting recipients of BS because adults seem to think they need to make the world more magical for some reason.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

I really can't. You would have to research it and see what you think. I don't think so myself seen as how the "great flood" happened after Cain and Cain would be wiped out. LOL I mean, in the Bible it says not even the birds survived.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.