Do You Grow Your Own Vegetables?

Discussion in 'Gardening, Plant Propegation, & Farming' started by Koala, Jul 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    Gardens are a wonderful thing because they give us back as much as we put into it. If you put a lot of time, energy and love, you will most often get a great product to harvest.

I have a normal garden and a herbal one. I grow a lot of different crops and I can use them for preparing my and my partner meals which save us money every single month. On my normal garden, from the vegetables, I usually grow:
    • lettuce
    • tomatoes
    • green beans
    • onions
    • potatoes
    • spinach
    • carrots
    I've been meaning to add cabbage and broccoli to my list but I just don't have any spare time right now. Anyway, I am very curious how many of our members actually grow their own vegetables so you don't have to buy any from the grocery shop? tell us about it!

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      183/230

Blog Posts:
    I grow my own vegetables. Just about 90 percent of my vegetable requirements is fulfilled from my garden produce. I grow a variety of vegetables such as potato, tomato, onion, cauliflower, cabbage, beans etc. In the year, when I produce excess, I also sell vegetables and make money. However, this does not happen every year. I grow seasonal vegetables.

3. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Yup, I grow about 90% of my entire diet within my own backyard. For example, so far this season I've already harvested my onions, garlic, peas, potatoes, strawberries and spinach. And I have plenty of stuff still growing which I harvest from my garden on a daily basis. These include tomatoes, kale, lettuce, carrots, raspberries, goose berries, chard, corn, cucumbers and zucchinis. You can find the true meaning of abundance once you learn to properly care for your very own garden.