Do you REALLY think humans will survive an apocalypse?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by judyd1, Jun 2, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Marivic

Marivic New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Since the apocalypse is a Bible prophesy, then we should also refer to it and know why and what we should do to be saved

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I suspect that the post apocalyptic period will be very different from the "movies." Now matter what the cause will be there will first be a rather short but massively violent and intense period while those that made no preparations die off from starvation and disease. The violent people won't last very long. Without the cops there to protect them they will get cut down by the honest people pretty quick. We have a lot of veterans in this country and I don't see them lying down and letting the thugs rule the world for long.

After about a year I suspect that the world population will be reduced by about 75%. At first the urban areas will die and then the massive overpopulation in the third world countries will die because there are just more of them than their land can possibly support. There will be some die off in rural areas simply because a lot of the people are older and the urban flight is going to get a lot of them. In the end though unlike in the movies most of the people in the cities will die there trapped as the roads fill with panicked people and no fuel available. There will be no fore departments and as we've seen so many times the crazys are going to riot and burn. This time though the fires will not be put out and they will die there.

After that first year or two the small communities will begin to establish and life will return though much changed. There will be some limited farming but you have to understand it will not be even as effective as it was in the 1800s. It will be much more small scale and primitive. The fact is that we don't have the horses and mules and oxen that our ancestors had. Now do we have the people that know how to make harnesses and such that you need to farm at that level. We will be for a generation or so a world of gardeners and hunter gatherers.

We will have to "reinvent" all of the technologies that people took for granted 200 to 300 years ago. Grain mills are complex and building them without power tools is a totally different thing. Eventually things will settle. Children will learn the things that are really important again and the population will start to grow. Sadly all the old problems will return. All the childhood diseases will come back. I imagine somewhere small pox will rear its ugly head again. Hopefully even though our technology will be 17th century our medical understanding will be better and at least the basic antibiotics will be available pretty fast.

Those that can adapt will survive and those that made some efforts before hand should be able to prosper. Forethought will once again become "stylish" and honor may even return to have meaning.

Tumbleweed likes this.