Do You Work Out?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Joshmoy, Jul 4, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Exercise can be said to be a planned, structured and designed physical activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and well being of an individual. Exercise has a lot of health benefits to individuals.

Exercising has been the trend in recent times, but a lot of people still do not see the need to work out since they are not obese.

Some people choose to work out in the gym, lifting weights, while others prefer using the body weight in working out.

Do you work out? If yes, Why do you work out?

2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    We go to the fitness center almost every day, plus we walk and on nice days, we have a little backyard pool where we can swim and sunbathe. My husband lifts weights, and does muscle-building exercises, and I enjoy swimming and doing my exercises in the water.
    Because of my heart condition, it is hard for me to do a lot of the things that I used to be able to do, but exercising in water is helping me to build my strength back up again, and my heart is doing better than it has done in a long time. I credit the exercise for most of this improvement, and also to eating a healthy diet that helps keep me feeling better and more active.
    Youtube has a lot of great water exercises that almost anyone can do, even when they can't swim.
    I am also getting a small trampoline and going to start doing rebounding exercise. I used to have one many years ago and really enjoyed it; but my balance is not as good as it used to be. I will start off slow and see how it goes with the mini-trampoline. It is supposed to be one of the very best exercises to help the lymph system, which is what takes care of our immune system and cleans the toxins out of our body.

3. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I do spoon fork curls about three times a day my jaws are in very good shape with at being said I play a lot of sports weekly and work out with nunchucs

4. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I do calisthenics at home every day. Occasionally, if I know that I'm going to be busy for most of the day, I would do High-Intensity Interval Training. I do it so I could keep fit and I could improve my endurance. There was a time back then when I didn't work out of a long time and I find myself getting hurt easily (physical), so I figured I must be lacking training and I need to go back to working out, hence what I'm doing now as part of my lifestyle.

5. Neo

Neo New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I had to go through some medication last year that did not allow me to work out at all for one whole year and by the end of the mediction I had great difficulty in walking long distances without losing my breath, my stamina and physique went for a toss. I had to pull myself up and get back in shape before I died of running a mile. I started doing simple Yoga and some breathing exercises every morning. After I gained a little control, I started including more cardio activities and gradually built a routine of working out. Currently, I'm doing Yoga in the morning, skipping 1000 times, 15 minutes of heavy cardio like planks and weights, brisk walk, jog or cycle in the evening, again brisk walk for 30-45 minutes after dinner. I'm still working on this slowly increasing my immunity but it has definitely got me back to being fit and healthy, and my stamina is really good now.

6. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow! Exercising in the water is also known as hydro therapy and I'm happy it's working for you. Exercises done in water are mostly anaerobic. Most people do not know that working out in the water is good for your body. When swimming, almost all the muscles of the body are working. Hydro therapy should be embraced more in our society.

7. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I would say I workout. Not as much as I should but I workout every day, I just don't go for as long as I should. It's just because I have a lot going on right now and I'm always tired so I try to do as much as I can.

8. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do occasionally still do weightlifting, but I also work outside every day, & at my age I have learnt when enough is enough. Doing weightlifting after a day of lifting & carrying outside does not work so well for me.
    Keith.

9. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I used to resolve to be doing pressups in my room everyday to remain fit. Being a procrastinator, I rarely took the initiative. Nowadays, I walk to work, a distance of about 3km to a dry cleaning job which involves repetitive muscle movements which is enough exercise besides the fact that it involves being on your feet the whole day..

10. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm one of the people who don't see the need to exercise as long I'm physically active. I'd rather walk, go up and down the stairs and do household chores than have a rigid exercise. I'm not obese even if I don't exercise because I move a lot. Always sitting and not doing eating while eating lots of foods, makes a person obese but if you eat a lot and is physically active, you are burning your calories.

11. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I do but not to be buff or anything. I want to stay fit and healthy so i do it everynow and then. Before I do my workout in a gym, but im in saudi now so i need to be more creative. That's how I've learned calisthenics. It's more robust than lifting weights because it deals with everything and most important, your cardio work out. It doesn't need a lot of time to complete a routine. My complete work out is 17 minutes, and my shirt is drenched with sweat and I'm panting like a mad man.

12. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I run marathon races so I have to do at least 5km race a week or every two weeks and I go to the gym about 2 or 3 times a week.

13. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    As im allways busy on farm my workout is daily life there is allways work to do have you ever put up hay ? Im glad we only do it 3 times threw the summer lol guess im getting old

14. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    I workout daily. I think it's very important to eat well and stay in shape. I have been doing more strength training lately and really have noticed a difference in my overall well being. I think it is very important for a woman to be strong.

15. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I do work out, but not as intensive as gym goers would. It's a very simple routine I do before I take a bath. I also don't go to the gym, so I see that going to the gym is a really good idea, and that I might try to give it a go sometime.

I'm not obese, nor am I muscular. I really work out now to increase my strength, nothing else other than that.

So yeah, I work out but it's not a "full-blown" workout just a couple if reps with a dumbbell here and there.

16. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I've been trying yoga for the past month. You'd think it's all relaxing and stuff, but it's actually hard work. I was even surprised to feel pressure because I figure it's just stretching and relaxing. Apparently holding the "positions" that would relax you required a ton of muscle control and endurance. You'd be sweating pretty quickly and the yoga I tried also introduced a much more active pace the longer it went on, so it was more of a heart-racing workout routine rather than a calming stretching experience.

17. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Gym is definitely not one of my favorite places in the world... I mean, not at all! But I decided that I needed to improve my health and my body... So, I started working out. :cool:

In the beginning it was very annoying to have to get used to the new routine, but today I can say that I like to go to the gym and work out. :)

18. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I do the gym multiple times a week. During the warmer months, I shift to less gym, but a heck of a lot more outdoor work that is as much of a work out, and really more, than a normal gym routine. It has help me stay fit and focused.

19. Inqogn1to

Inqogn1to New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I was married to the weights for several years, however the last year or so I have not exercised much at all. Need to get back at it again.

20. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I do exercise to stay fit and to avoid adding weight, though I doubt if I may still add weight but the fear won't allow me to stop exercising. It's the hate of gaining weight that is making me to do exercise always

21. Rhodolite

Rhodolite New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm just physically active. I never liked the concept of 'working out.' Just seemed too demanding for a type of specific structuring. Long walks, hiking, randomly hitting tennis courts and stuff like that is what I prefer. As long as I'm active it's all that matters to me.