Door Wedge

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by LastOutlaw, Dec 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical, Old Geezer and Caribou like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends where one is bugging out to, okay in the local motel but not much good in a woodland shelter.
    beside a door wedge can be made quite simply from a block of wood.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If you have to hole up in a room somewhere while moving around I would feel pretty good resting behind a door that uses this tool rather than a wedge hastily made from a piece of wood.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's an item that's been available for a time:
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07PJTWJCH

These puppies are "make-do" solutions. They are good for when you are on the road and staying at some motel.

If someone is attacking, a primary goal is to slow them down so that you can bring your weapons to bear. Seconds count. If the aggressor continues the attack, then you are able to kill them with greater ease.

It's like booby-trapping stairs to break legs and burning retinas with high-energy green lasers. Cripple then kill.

LastOutlaw and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    each to their own I suppose but i'm not basing my survival on gadgets.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  6. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Years ago a girl friend of mine started having to travel a bunch and after seeing a news show about where a woman was in her hotel room and had the door forced open and she was raped, kidnapped and later murdered she was a nervous wreck. I found a door wedge of a but different design. It had like small spikes on the bottom to bite into the carpet and then a knob that you turned to open it and wedge up on the door. It gave he a lot of piece of mind but some of the hotels had vinyl or tile in the entry way so the spikes wouldn't work. I found a piece of real grippy rubber about 3/8" thick and cut it out in the shape of the wedge so she could put it under it and it would work.

So sometimes it not about all or nothing SHTF/ TEOTWAWKI, sometimes it's about immediate security.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Door reinforcers have their place. What really brings Light and Goodness to my heart is when I read about a woman shooting-dead some genetic trash. She is safe and the gene-pool is sanitized a bit. All psycho and career aggressors should be crippled or killed.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.