Dried, Parched & Popped Corn.

Discussion in 'Trail Food' started by Keith H., Aug 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      255/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure if you mentioned it in the videos, I'm waiting to get some more data so I can watch them.

Anyhoo The NA used specific corn to parch. One comes to mind is mandan lavender. I'm thinking of planting some this spring specifically to parch. I will parch other corn but I would like to try this corn.

I wanted to add I live in a area that wild rice grows. After harvest the rice is roasted or parched. This year I want to harvest a bunch.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Radar, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the 18th century the woodland Indians had a variety of corn types to choose from. More information here on my blog randy.
    https://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/search?q=corn
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.