Drought As A Disaster

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 2, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Drought is a huge problem. I don't see why they (the Government) aren't considering it a natural disaster. Ask South Africa how serious it is.

We should let Keith or one of our other brethren from down under weigh in on this. At the risk of sounding very judgmental this sounds like a bunch of politicians proselytizing; throwing money at a problem; and not offering one solution.

Does Australia have any desalination plants? Go to Israel, and talk to them about Water Management. They turned a barren desert into very comfortable living conditions for millions of people. They are the world experts at living with drought.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

I think you're right. I definitely agree with you ... politicians throwing money at a problem.

Yes, Keith can get us focused.

4. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    As a (former) Arizonan, I see drought a huge problem which is bad now and will get much worse in the future; this is the main reason why I moved to a place with a better climate and aquifer.

I don't see the government able to do anything about it -- or even try to do anything about it -- until it's too late and we start seeing world-wide water wars into which the United States will undoubtedly get dragged. Dawn and I have agreed that our next expenditure (at about US$1000) will be a backup steel hand-pump for our well, and, after that, a TBD water retention system.

I simply can't afford to trust the Government -- whether local, state, of federal -- to have the competence to do it for me.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes we are in a drought stricken area here, even our drought resistant trees in our forest have started dying. Our government is corrupt to the core, always implementing half-assed measures but not doing anything to solve the problem. Some of this money has actually gone to the wrong areas, & the councils there are wondering what to do with it!
    Barnaby Joyce was the man chosen to make a report on the drought, but these reports have not been found! Joyce is as corrupt as the rest of them, always has been.

Barnaby Joyce yet to produce a single report from his time as drought envoy!
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-20/barnaby-joyce-has-not-written-a-drought-report/11529286

397baba6ed73f63b54cde81c70f4a603.jpeg

Keith.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I think that is not quite a sure thing. The food security part is certainly in question as we are suffering crop failures from climate change disasters. If you are a climate change denier, then just think of it as longer lasting & more frequent natural disasters for whatever reason you can come up with. Australia is a popular place for tourists & business executives, so any Pandemic can easily spread to Australia, & we are NOT equipped to handle a Pandemic!
    8d5d90b5e781d2c6eff45e90527a619e.jpeg
    On top of this we are facing a threat from the melting ice (from climate change global warming or whatever) & scientists have warned that this melting ice may release pathogens that have not been experienced for millions of years, & for which we will have no protection against.
    8d5d90b5e781d2c6eff45e90527a619e.jpeg
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Drought and Famine are one of the inevitable occurrences over time and has been the most common cause of collapse for a lot of past civilizations. Climate change is an inevitable thing and a part of a living planet. The last 500 years have been unusually peaceful and quiet with few major occurrences like major volcanic activity, asteroid strikes, solar instability or all other sorts of possible climate-changing disasters. These are the quick-change disasters but there are also the slow change weather pattern problems that make a rich fertile area into an uninhabitable desert. Even small changes in weather over a period of time can have horrible effects on people. There was a possible weather connection to several plagues and even the Catholic Inquisition.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When I glanced at that article, I thought, "Well, Sydney is toast."
    397445aa86bd0ff8b94e7d5d81735f45.jpeg

Yet, things go sideways in the cities, rural Australia is rural. Can't see rural Aussies putting up with anything not to their liking.

Firearm buyback / confiscation is a dark joke. The highest compliance numbers I've heard come from Australia -- maybe 1/5th maybe a full 1/3 of banned firearms owners complied with the law, overwhelming majority flipped government the bird.

https://thefederalist.com/2015/06/25/the-australia-gun-control-fallacy/

In the USA, banning "assault rifles" has resulted in compliance rates of between 05.0% to 15.0%, i.e. 85% minimum ignore the law and simply become much more angry at their pencil-necked inferior government sycophant law-makers. Even though I don't own one of the "evil" black rifles, I might just let the government goons kill me (they often seriously injure pets, now that's a shame) -- trust me on this one, it'd be them doing me a favor. D###, I felt sooo bad today!

Military and Law Enforcement folk, current and retired, are the primary owners of AR-15 rifles. Why? Sheesh, that's what they carried in uniform; these were the weapons they were issued and trained with. I was in the doctor's office, shooting story on the waiting room TV, ex-military, young fellow, was sitting very near me. He's really paying attention. I ask him about it. LEO on screen back row was his supervisor, state cop. I ask, "They do issue you guys an M4, right?" "Yes," he replies. "Good" I say.

Side note on climate

upload_2019-10-2_21-49-25.png

upload_2019-10-2_21-50-28.png

Don't get me wrong, we've got plenty to worry about! Dark truth is that the Sun and our own planet Earth's lines of magnetic flux are WAY OUT OF OUR CONTROL! Let's say that CO2 is a co-conspirator, even if we went nuclear next week, the CO2 changes wouldn't change anything.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/global-warming-fraud-exposed-pictures

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.drought.gov/drought/

Good morning all,

Above link a source for our additional research.

SIDEBAR: Keith; Weren't those Aussie politicians, with their generous budgets, on a drought fact-finding trip to the Malaysian rain forests during the rainy season ? Not too much is new under the Sun !