"earthquake Day" 15 Oct 20

Discussion in 'Earthquake' started by Pragmatist, Oct 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.shakeout.org/COVID-19/

Good morning all,

Today, Thursday, 15 Oct 20 is the national drill re earthquake responses.

Above link is just one of many. The basics are in the link with spinoff sites.

My FWIW reminder:

Upgrade gloves, at least to teach the kids, to sturdy workgloves ... something that can handle glass slivers, broken glass pieces, glass dust, ...

An earthquake, during the pandemic also requires a face mask of some sort. Do consider eye protection.

Speaking of the "Drop, cover and hold on" plan, a couple of years ago, well prior to the pandemic quarantine, I went to a meeting at the local library's community room on Earthquake Day. In lieu of a flight bag that typically serves as my attache case for BOB/kit supplies ... at this community room always carry a drag blanket ... had a helmet bag with hard hat.

For those that remember the Boy Scout merit badge pamphlet on animal husbandry with small kid on stool milking the cow, I went to library with an identical small stool and carried it holding it with one hand to get the attention of the fast learners at the meeting.

Only a few prepared.

As of now, I use the 3% number for quantity of new neighbors, community members, when all Hades breaks out, whether an earthquake or a shortage of dishwashing soap.

Shake, shake, shake ...........

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    San Diego fault line runs right through its downtown.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

This fault line is - known to the state of California - and they have a program to sell earthquake insurance.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like Big Brother "has it all worked out".

Just think, goodfellows get busted for running protection rackets. If the Feds get involved, they'll go RICO on your family. However, governments don't get busted for protection scams, nor do they do time for printing funny money.

TMT Tactical likes this.